PDA

View Full Version : No Further Supplements for Chaos Marines

DrBored
09-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Hey all.

A friend of mine said he'd found a rumor somewhere out on there that suggested that Chaos Marines wouldn't be getting any further Supplements, particularly for the 4 Chaos Gods (or the 4 god-aligned Legions) because the creators of the Codex felt that these forces were represented just fine with the current state of the Codex.

Has anyone else heard anything like this, or is this a lot of hot air?

What are the current state of Chaos Supplement rumors?

Power Klawz
09-01-2013, 01:19 PM
Well if some guy said it then it must be true I guess.

I have no idea, and I suspect that most people don't really have any idea either unless they are working on the projects or are banging the people working on the projects.

Although from a purely speculative perspective I could see them passing over the directly aligned armies in favor of the non-aligned armies. The basic list seems like it'd work pretty well for the cult troops, just take the proper HQ and spam the appropriate cult troops and supporting units.

The legions that really need the most fleshing out are the non-god aligned ones in my opinion, so if they decided to hit up Nightlords or Alpha Legion first I'd be a happy camper.

daboarder
09-01-2013, 01:45 PM
yeah klawz is right, no one knows. Just a point the big problem is the book doesnt represent the big for, you get access to their basic troops but none of the support options or non-named HQ's. whereas alpha, IW, Nightlords, and word bearers can all be adequately represent by the book (if you need to) deathguard, world eaters can not. Emps children are kinda up in the air, depends on how many sonic weapons you take and 1ksons depends on if you want rubic terminators.

edit: oh and this is an old faeit rumour.

Mr Mystery
09-01-2013, 02:03 PM
Sounds utter Monkeys to me.

DarkLink
09-01-2013, 02:09 PM
Someone's trolling the community.

kire
09-01-2013, 02:17 PM
If that made a black legion supplement that will make a supplement for any legion. Besides there's to much money to be made for GW to pass it up just because lowly game designers don't think its needed

Power Klawz
09-01-2013, 03:54 PM
I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice to see the god-themed legions get fleshed out more in a supplement, just that I think the non-aligned ones need it more. Glaring ommissions like rubric terminators aside (which would be amazing) you can "counts as" most things with the current list, even if it doesn't quite make it there. (those 4++ tzeentch termies won't be fearless, for example, but you can put a sorcerer in there with MoT and do a serviceable impersonation I guess.)

daboarder
09-01-2013, 04:24 PM
I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice to see the god-themed legions get fleshed out more in a supplement, just that I think the non-aligned ones need it more. Glaring ommissions like rubric terminators aside (which would be amazing) you can "counts as" most things with the current list, even if it doesn't quite make it there. (those 4++ tzeentch termies won't be fearless, for example, but you can put a sorcerer in there with MoT and do a serviceable impersonation I guess.)

I'll pay it, but its a very very very rough counts as, you'd be better off running GK's if you want to do 1ksons.....which is kinda the problem.

and you can't do death guard termies....

Bigred
09-01-2013, 04:48 PM
I would file that rumor under: complete and utter bulls@*t.

1) The Black Legion supplement just came out scant weeks ago.
2) The Legion books would sell like hotcakes.
3) Games Workshop knows easy money when they see it.

Just imagine for a moment the community jubilation and pulling out of credit cards when any of the following were announced:

Death Guard
Emperor's Children
World Eaters
Thousand Sons

I'm just going to put down a little marker here - that will give you a bit of insight as to how the rumor mill works behind the scenes.

I'm not saying that every rumor that BoLS publishes will be true. That's just inherently impossible due to the nature of the rumorsphere.
But I can say that there are LOTS of rumors that BoLS receives that never see the light of day publicly for a variety of reasons including:
-obvious wishlisting
-overt lying
-uncorroborated information
-known bad source

That last one is becoming ever more common these days. So yes while rumors are fun and we all love them. Not every site's rumors are "created" equally. Anyone who just becomes a regurgitation machine without a vetting process quickly becomes a rumor magnet for trolls.

-Larry

daboarder
09-01-2013, 04:56 PM
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/448304.page

its DakkaDakka, but still its gets the idea across, there are only a handful of valid rumour mongers out there, and a lot of chaff.

GrauGeist
09-01-2013, 08:44 PM
I would file that rumor under: complete and utter bulls@*t.

1) The Black Legion supplement just came out scant weeks ago.
2) The Legion books would sell like hotcakes.
3) Games Workshop knows easy money when they see it.

Just imagine for a moment the community jubilation and pulling out of credit cards when any of the following were announced:

Death Guard
Emperor's Children
World Eaters
Thousand Sons

All good, up until you got to kSons. You know darn well that kSons are literally the red-headed stepchild of the Chaos Marines, and that the other major Powers sales will crap all over Tzeentch. I can totally see GW doing World Eaters, Death Guard, and Emperor's Children, and then saying, "eh, let's do Night Lords and Iron Warriors" before getting around to kSons.

DarkLink
09-01-2013, 08:49 PM
That's like, you're opinion man.

But seriously, I know more TKsons players than any other god/faction-specific CSM army you can think of. In fact, in my experience, both in real life and from what I've seen on the internet, no one plays Noise Marines. At all. I've seen plenty of Tzeentch, Khorne, and Nurgle CSM armies, but I think I've literally never seen a Noise Marine army, ever. I've barely ever seen them as a unit. Slaanesh daemons are plenty popular, but Noise Marines? No.

DrBored
09-01-2013, 10:19 PM
Alrighty. Well, I do want to thank you all, and especially you, BigRed, for replying. My friend certainly isn't a 'source', but he seemed quite adamant about having seen something on another forum that he didn't specify. Being naive like I am, I just needed to make sure that I didn't miss something, because my heart literally SANK into my stomach when I heard that.

In short, I've been very successfully trolled.

But again, thank you all for helping reaffirm my faith in Chaos.

Bigred
09-01-2013, 11:15 PM
Gang, I'm gonna close this one out - so it sinks and doesn't distract any innocents...

-Larry