PDA

View Full Version : So, who is getting the iPad version? Built in army builder?

HsojVvad
08-31-2013, 12:28 PM
So who is going to get the iPad version? It looks like if you look in the iStore, it has an army builder in there. It's called "Codex Space Marine Enhanced edition". It is $69.99 Canadian. I wonder if the "enhanced edition" is the army builder.

Saw this on Fait. http://natfka.blogspot.nl/2013/08/a-list-building-function-built-into.html

Cap'nSmurfs
08-31-2013, 02:56 PM
It has both the Force Requisition (list builder) app and as-yet unspecified audio elements! What those are is anyone's guess; if they've paid an actor to proclaim some of the Space Marine litanies in a hammy voice then I'll be pretty pleased. Cheesy is cool. I've been getting everything I buy on the ipad since I got one, so this is the option for me.

Lexington
08-31-2013, 03:01 PM
It has both the Force Requisition (list builder) app and as-yet unspecified audio elements! What those are is anyone's guess; if they've paid an actor to proclaim some of the Space Marine litanies in a hammy voice then I'll be pretty pleased. Cheesy is cool. I've been getting everything I buy on the ipad since I got one, so this is the option for me.
The audio is just an audio reading of some of the flavor window bits - I got the sample, and it's...not particularly useful, and could be potentially annoying if you accidentally hit it in the middle of a game store (or elsewhere), since tapping the button again just re-starts the audio (holding it down seems to stop it, though). Wish I could decouple this feature from the book, honestly.

The army creator, tho, looks pretty decent. Curious about its ability to save multiple lists and/or export them to a different format.

DarkLink
08-31-2013, 05:42 PM
If it wasn't only on the Ipad, I'd get it.

RGilbert26
09-01-2013, 01:52 AM
Hopefully the spelling mistakes are gone in the final product.

GravesDisease
09-02-2013, 05:42 AM
If it wasn't only on the Ipad, I'd get it.

It's a shame that there isn't an open and accepted rich eBook format available. Apple is pretty far ahead of the competition in terms of what its format can do. Oh well, at least GW have been selling the PDFs on other platform stores.