PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Contemptor Question

DWest
08-30-2013, 01:19 PM
I ordinarially wouldn't ask a question like this, however I'm trying to get a skittish friend back into his Space Marines with the new codex coming out. Said friend is paranoid about needing AA fire and habitually runs a Contemptor Mortis. I know the Mortis rules just got updated, but I haven't had a chance to get a copy of the new IA book yet, so as a temporary measure, can anyone tell me what rules have changed between the old one and the new, and how much it costs for 2x T-L Autocannon arms + Cyclone on top?

Thanks in advance, and I understand if people don't want to give out the information.

Cadian122
08-30-2013, 04:58 PM
it hasn't changed except it's moved from Heavy Support to Elites, and can only take 2x T-L Heavy Bolters, 2 Multi-Meltas, 2x T-L Autocannons, 2 Kheres Assault Cannons, and 2x T-L Lascannons on the arms, it can take the Cyclone, and Extra armour. All up, your chaps should cost about 200 points

DWest
08-30-2013, 06:18 PM
Top-mounted Cyclone is gone? That's unfortunate.

Vangrail
08-30-2013, 09:35 PM
Mortis pattern is a heavy and it can get the cyclone for 35 points.... I use two....

Tyrendian
08-31-2013, 03:56 AM
and it's now BS4 - don't forget that. Not a big issue for the usual anti-air configs of TL AC or TL LC, but hurts the Cyclone and Kheres quite a bit...
also, how about just getting him to buy the new 'dex (obviously) and a Hunter/Stalker... problem (most likely) solved permanently, at least when it's only about Anti-Air...

DWest
08-31-2013, 08:04 AM
We've talked about the Hunter/Stalker and the lack of Interceptor is a big turn-off. There's whinging of Trogdor the Heldrake getting a free swing at his stuff before it can be shot down that way. Ironically, that's where the Contemptor came from in the first place; after burninating his scoring units to hell and gone, I told him, "well you can either pay a filthy amount of quid to FW for this Dreadnought which has Skyfire, or you can learn to spread out to the max allowed by coherency so less is under the template", and he chose . . . poorly.

Vangrail
08-31-2013, 12:26 PM
Still bs5. What rules are you looking at?