PDA

View Full Version : New from Forgeworld: Sons of Horus Command & Contemptor

Brakkart
08-30-2013, 10:21 AM
Sons of Horus Command Squad £25

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/soh-commandbw1.jpg

Sons of Horus Contemptor Dreadnought £33

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/soh-contemptor1.jpg

Also in other news, this:

http://youtu.be/OERW6DuG5Qg

eldargal
08-30-2013, 10:23 AM
Pretty-ish. Not completely keen on the dreadnought though.

Dlatrex
08-30-2013, 10:46 AM
I rather like the helmet design. Although spikey it does have a lupin look to it. EG, what is your gripe(s) with the dread? The unpainted model has the studs stick out too obviously for my taste, but the painted version seems to remedy that...

Cap'nSmurfs
08-30-2013, 10:52 AM
That danged Salamander~

eldargal
08-30-2013, 10:56 AM
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/soh-contemptor2.jpg
Painted version makes the sculpt look nicer with the contrasts and the whatnot.

Asymmetrical Xeno
08-30-2013, 12:07 PM
Does anyone know if they'll release these books in a non-leatherbound format?

SaveModifier
08-30-2013, 12:20 PM

Probably not, its a premium line and they don't want to lessen the value of the leather bound editions, which are bloody lovely and you should get them because they're the most gorgeous book you can get for £70

Bigred
08-30-2013, 01:38 PM
which are bloody lovely and you should get them because they're the most gorgeous book you can get for £70

Totally agree.

The HH books are the highest quality book GW has ever made in their history - even counting the collectors rulebooks.

I'll be enjoying the history, maps, and color plates long after 6th edition is gone.

nathaneal246
08-30-2013, 02:31 PM
Cant wait for the Night Lord models, Atramentar terminators, hopefully Sevatar, plus the one and only Night Haunter!

silashand
08-30-2013, 03:00 PM
Totally agree.

The HH books are the highest quality book GW has ever made in their history - even counting the collectors rulebooks.

I'll be enjoying the history, maps, and color plates long after 6th edition is gone.

Indeed. I generally do not regret buying any of the Forge World books. They are all worth it even if the rules gradually go out of date and need fixing.

Asymmetrical Xeno
08-30-2013, 03:25 PM
Probably not, its a premium line and they don't want to lessen the value of the leather bound editions, which are bloody lovely and you should get them because they're the most gorgeous book you can get for £70

No thanks, I don't like to support animal products. I'm not going to force that view on others or look down on them for having a different opinion though, but that's my personal choice so I guess I will do without.

SaveModifier
08-30-2013, 03:44 PM
No thanks, I don't like to support animal products. I'm not going to force that view on others or look down on them for having a different opinion though, but that's my personal choice so I guess I will do without.

Ah, well then i'm afraid you're probably going to out of luck sorry dude!

eldargal
08-30-2013, 10:47 PM
It's actually bonded leather, so it could be anywhere from a bit of leather ground up in it to fully synthetic, if it makes a difference.

Bob821
08-31-2013, 02:00 AM
I love the detail where banner is screwed up as it runs though the standard barriers hand. Wicked!

daboarder
08-31-2013, 03:14 AM
I love the flint edge look on the sons.....so tempted to do a heresy army.....maybe I'll just steal the idea for my slaanesh warband.....

Popsical
08-31-2013, 01:11 PM

Im not saying this to be nasty, but im interested to know where you would stand on the issue of leather products in regard to the animal in question having died of natural causes?
I have to say, as a shoe repairer by trade, non leather shoes smell horrific after a while. So i struggle to see the benefits of them.