PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie Pilot in a Stormraven

ElectricPaladin
08-29-2013, 09:03 AM
So, part of my modeling conceit for my Knights of Blood is that as the chapter becomes increasingly psychotic, they leave the piloting of their vehicles and other similar tasks to their chapter serfs. Thus, for example, I have a Death Corps of Krieg model firing the multi-melta on my land raider (looks real cool, by the way).

So, what do you think about the project of putting a Valykrie pilot in the cockpit of a stormraven? Feasible?

DWest
08-29-2013, 09:23 AM
Sounds like it's going to be tough -- from the looks of it, the Valk pilot's legs are moulded into the cockpit bucket. If you have a Dremel handy, you could most likely cut the SR seat out and slot in the Valk cockpit bit; otherwise go the route of mounting just the torso and arms to the seat, adding some wires and gribbles, making the pilot a sort of slaved-in servitor?

olberon
08-29-2013, 10:32 AM
like the idea of a servitor crewed plane!!!

ElectricPaladin
08-29-2013, 10:57 AM
Sounds like it's going to be tough -- from the looks of it, the Valk pilot's legs are moulded into the cockpit bucket. If you have a Dremel handy, you could most likely cut the SR seat out and slot in the Valk cockpit bit; otherwise go the route of mounting just the torso and arms to the seat, adding some wires and gribbles, making the pilot a sort of slaved-in servitor?

I want to avoid that. I'm also swapping out the top turret for a razorback turret - when a chapter is short on resources, they're unlikely to waste the flexible manpower making one-purpose robothings.

ElectricPaladin
08-29-2013, 12:56 PM
That said, I do have a Death Korps of Krieg torso. Perhaps I'll noodle around with greenstuff and see what I can cook up? If I fail, I can always paint the cockpit glass dark blue, or something, to indicate that it's tinted.