PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Daemons vs. Tau- Help

XxD3Sm0nDxX
08-28-2013, 04:49 PM
I just started Chaos Daemons, after a year of nids, a few weeks ago and have gotten four games in with them. Two of the games i have played against Vanilla marines and the other two against Dark Eldar. This week i am suppose to play against Tau which i haven't played since their big update. I have been watching Bat reps and from what i can see they are scary for an army like Daemons. I am currently running a Flying circus or Daemonzilla or whatever floats your boat:
Fateweaver
LOC
3 Daemons Princes of Tzeench
10 plaugebearers
10 Plaugebearers
10 plaugebearers
9 Flesh hounds
9 flesh hounds
Advice would be greatly appreciated!

Lord Krungharr
08-28-2013, 08:42 PM
That's actually a pretty solid army to face against Tau. I beat them in a recent 1850 tournament with a slightly different take with some CSM allies, but the flying monster lists are good. I had Fateweaver, 10 Plaguers, 3 Nurglings, 11 Hounds w 2 Jugger Heralds for the Exalted Rewards (portaglyph and grimoire), Nurgle Grinder....then Burning Brand Daemon Prince w Mastery 3 w wings n armor of course, 10 Cultists, Heldrake, 3 Nurgle Obliterators.

Yeah, they have Skyfire and bunches of S7 shots, but they can't bring the flyers down and ignore the dogs! Vs Riptides Psychic Shriek can be very helpful, so while tempting to go all Biomancy on the Princes, see what the enemy has first. I also wouldn't discount using a Nurgle Phlegmy Soul Grinder either instead of 1 Prince. Then you can take more Hounds or Troops.

You will have a crap load of Vector Striking, exploit the heck out of that. Tag team all those flyer dudes over a unit at once, that should kill almost anything the Tau have. Then they can proceed to go to whatever they can, as after the Vectors they should be getting close enough to either further Vector or assault.

I like to go second and Scout my Hounds, so I can in theory assault bottom of Turn 1....which is how I slaughtered an important unit of Drones and Broadsides. Would've been a very different game if I failed that charge!