PDA

View Full Version : 360 points of Guard Allies:

chicop76
08-28-2013, 02:09 PM
Well I been thinking of running some allies with my forces. Right now I figured for a small elite special force. The ideal is to get in and flame a target off an objective and hold it. I am debating on adding a heavy bolter to the team, so they can set up a defensive postion after they dislodge troops out of a postion.

The concept will be they will jump out a Vendetta and insert near an occupied objective. They will use certain tools to dislodge the occupant so they can take the objective.

This is what the squad will look like so far.

Psyker
10 Veterans
Grenaders
Demolitions
2 flamers
1 heavy flamer

The psyker will go the route of pyromancy, which will provide more flaming love. I am hoping for blinding the unit or out right killing it would be fine.

The demo charge is for really hard to kill units like paladins, or terminator like units. However wth atleast 3 flame templats they should be able to do some damage with the aid of the charge.

As an aded plus if said model is a riptide the melta bombs would be helpful for taking out the big guy in combat or a unit like a tervigon.

The +4 armour should give the unit some survivability whilst holding a foward objective. I debated on cloaks to give the unit stealth and taking harker which they would lose they +4 armour, but they can have a +2 cover save and I can have 2 heavy bolters in the unit.

I am thinking of calling them Hell Jumpers, Hell's Angels, Burning Sky, etc.

This unit will be great dealing with pathfinders for exampe. The only problem I see is they can easily mishap when they jump out of the Vendetta.