PDA

View Full Version : Khorne Daemons

Delfin07
08-27-2013, 08:00 PM
I just had a couple questions in reference to Khorne Daemons.
First, if a herald of khorne is riding a juggernaut, and takes the greater locus that gives his unit frenzy, and he's in a unit of bloodcrushers, does the locus affect the mounts seeing as the locus says Maffects the unit" and not just the riders?
Second; when a skull cannon charges, are the impact hits at S6 due to khorne daemons getting the plus one S on the charge?

Wildeybeast
08-28-2013, 03:21 AM
This an educated guess as I do t have the daemons army book, it I would say yes to both. If the locus says the unit, then it would be all models (unless immune to psychology). Doubly so in this case as rider and mount both count as a single model for all types of cavalry.
As for the second point, impact hits are resolve at the strength of the model, so any bonuses to strength should apply, assuming it has some sort of rule which confirms it is a daemon of khorne.

Delfin07
08-28-2013, 08:45 PM
Yes to the skull cannon being a daemon of khorne. So im guessing that a herald of khorne on juggernaut with frenzy locus, and a unit of blood crushers is the way to go huh?

Wildeybeast
08-29-2013, 03:30 AM
Would certainly sound like it.

okeyigiveup
08-29-2013, 09:44 AM
Case 1.
BRB p.82 "...it is treated in all respect as a single model..."
BRB p.82 "...If either...have Frenzy, the whole model is subjected to B.R., but only the element with Frenzy gaines E.A."
DoC AB p.29 "...This model, and all models in his unit..."

Since the Locus does not specify with which element of "The model, and all models" is the target, both the rider & the mount should be subjected to Frenzy, including both B.R. and E.A..

Case 2.
BRB p.71 "...,and roll to wound using the S of the model..."
DoC AB p.26 "...on a turn in which a model with this sp. rule makes a successful charge, it has +1 bonus to its S for the rest of the turn."

"A successful charge" is done in Movement phase, and Impact Hit happens in Combat phase. So the Skull Cannon should have the bonus & become S6 already. Since no specific wording like "unmodified" are mentioned, the Impact hit should be resolved with the S6.

Wildeybeast
08-29-2013, 11:55 AM
Glad to see I called that right then.