PDA

View Full Version : Monstrous Cavlvary mount

Delfin07
08-26-2013, 11:51 PM
So I'm just looking up what it says for a character riding a Monstrous Cavalry/ Monstrous Beasts (pg 105). It just states follow the rules for Monstrous Cavalry/ Monstrous Beasts as normal on pg 83. Now on that page it says for Monstrous Cavalry that says:
"use the highest Wounds characteristic the model has, rather than automatically using the rider's, indeed this will normally mean that the model uses the mount's Wounds characteristic." pg 83
Now, does this mean that a Herald of Khorne on juggernaut would then have 3 wounds, instead of the Herald's normal 2 Wounds?
And, would it also mean that Epidemius has 4 wounds, and doesn't use his 2 Wounds?
This would actually make me take a Herald of Khorne on juggernaut, or make Epidemius maybe worth taking cause he does have more wounds.
I NEED TO KNOW ASAP!!! thank you! :)

Wildeybeast
08-27-2013, 02:38 AM
Yes. It is exactly as the rules say, use the highest wounds value, whatever that may be. It also worth pointing out that they have FAQed it so you also use the highest toughness, something which has made monstrous cav even more awesome.

Delfin07
08-27-2013, 12:28 PM
very good to know, ill have to download the FAQ and do some reading! thanks again!

Wildeybeast
08-27-2013, 06:11 PM
No worries, happy to help.