PDA

View Full Version : what chapter to descend from

kire
08-25-2013, 01:08 PM
looking over the rumors for the new space marine codex i am going to have to make a choice about what to count my blood ravens as. i would like some input from the community what chapter tactics best fit blood ravens and why?

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
08-25-2013, 01:14 PM
Well, they were originally designed with being a vanilla force in mind, so I'd say the Ultramarines tactics. Their main quirk is being a bit psyker-y, but doesn't sound like there's any chapter tactics that focus on that.

Fanboy
08-25-2013, 02:01 PM
Yep, not much is know about the blood ravens. Unknown founding. Unknown from which chapter they are Successor Chapter from. Love to guard and protect knowledge and some focus on Librarians and psychically trained marines/units....... fleet based chapter..... Use ultramarine base with whatever tactics and unit choices best suit your style of play.

good luck....

Tyrendian
08-25-2013, 03:09 PM
also, Ultrasmurfs gives you access to Tigurius, who sounds very powerful - so there's your Psyker theme...

Cap'nSmurfs
08-25-2013, 04:15 PM
They're a standard codex chapter, so use Ultramarines, with a high mastery Librarian as Warlord.

The Madman
08-25-2013, 04:33 PM
If its like apocalypse sons of the primarch table then it those that can't trace a line to the founding chapter would be classed as Ultramarines.

Xarga
08-28-2013, 11:06 AM
I agree with all of the above with Ultramarines. Also you could do a counts as Tiguris as your Chapter Master/Chief Librarian. Blood Raven Chapter Masters hold both titles don't they? If so Tiguris would be a perfect fit for that.

Bob821
08-28-2013, 11:19 AM
I thought Blood Ravens where a loyal splinter of the Thousand Sons. They where sent from Prospero when it burnt by Magnus. I'm sure I read that in the Thousand Sons HH novel. That also explains there desire for knowledge and strong psyker powers!
Guess Ultra Marines are as close as you can get.

nathaneal246
08-28-2013, 11:48 AM
I thought Blood Ravens where a loyal splinter of the Thousand Sons. They where sent from Prospero when it burnt by Magnus. I'm sure I read that in the Thousand Sons HH novel. That also explains there desire for knowledge and strong psyker powers!
Guess Ultra Marines are as close as you can get.

Cant say I recall that part of the book! Surely if that was true they would of been hunted and killed by the Imperium!

kire
08-28-2013, 03:28 PM
re-read the bit where Kallista Eris is in the hospital the book practically beats you to death with implication. also no one in the 41st mellenium knows there origin it has been covered over some time after the heracy.

rusty84
08-29-2013, 12:08 PM
re-read the bit where Kallista Eris is in the hospital the book practically beats you to death with implication. also no one in the 41st mellenium knows there origin it has been covered over some time after the heracy.

Interesting, gonna have to go back and re-read that, must have missed something first time round!