PDA

View Full Version : Greetings, fellow hobbyists!

William Clarke
08-22-2013, 06:32 PM
Hi all, Libelnon here. Or so I'm often known as here on the interwebs.

Anyway, I decided it was about time I joined you all in your ranting about GW's policies and stopped lurking and getting frustrated by the fact I couldn't view images. That aside, I've got some bits of my own I'm itching to show off, so if you're reading this and have any interest in seeing me put together a little project log on this second-year hobbyist, mediocre painter and lore enthusiast, do give us a nudge.

So, that said, hope to see y'all around.

Psychosplodge
08-23-2013, 01:26 AM
Hello,
come to the oubliette we have new tangents ;)

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me3rf45vyp1r1gkido1_400.gif

Wolfshade
08-23-2013, 01:42 AM
Hello and welcome aboard!

What do you play?

William Clarke
08-23-2013, 08:25 AM
Hello and welcome aboard!

What do you play?

At the moment, just 40k. Played some Firestorm Armada in the past though, and besides wargaming I'm also an avid roleplayer.

Wolfshade
08-23-2013, 08:26 AM
What 40k armies do you do?

I'm primarly a BA player though there are boxes of everything floating around.

ElectricPaladin
08-23-2013, 08:33 AM
I'm curious, too! Which armies?

William Clarke
08-23-2013, 11:51 AM
At the moment, I'm not playing at all, I've been on a three month hiatus while I decide what to do with my armies. Used to play Tau, even got a Limited Edition codex for 6th edition but I've wound up selling all 1500 points - I was running a Dal'yth army and relied heavily on my auxiliaries, and I didn't like the way the kroot were going. Moved on to Tyranids, who I've played a few games with and then shelved. Really enjoy painting them, but don't like the way they play. Also played a bit with my girlfriend's Dark Elder, but I don't get on well with them this edition.

So, I've got myself this Renegade Guard army, and challenged myself to paint models before I use them, later to ally with Alpha Legion marines. Like I said, I want to start a blog on my exploits with this army, and my girlfriend wants to add some images of her Necron army. Apparently a good way to keep yourself motivated.

DXM
08-28-2013, 07:23 AM
Welcome aboard from the new guy...