PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Pts Word Bearers C:CSM

Samuel Speare
08-19-2013, 02:52 PM
Hey guys,

A few modelling Ideas here and there have lead to me considering Word Bearers as my next project.

I've played about and made a list to make best use of the conversions I have in mind, while being able to at least hold its own in friendly games, as just because I'm not being competitive, doesn't mean I want to lose!

So, I'd appreciate any advice on the following list.

One quick note, I haven't included any Marks in the list, as my inner fluff bunny took over. I'd like to see it mark free despite a couple of glaringly obvious uses for them in the list. Am I crazy to not use them? I don't know, hence why I'm here.

Chaos Space Marines 2000Pts

Chaos Lord (Lord Apostle) 197
Terminator Armour
The Black Mace
Power Axe
Sigil of Corruption
Meltabombs
Veterans of the Long War

Dark Apostle 135
Burning Brand of Skalanthrax
Veterans of the Long War

8 Possessed 208

10 Chaos Space Marines 235
2x Plasma Guns
Power Sword
Veterans of the Long War
Rhino w/ Dirge Caster

10 Chaos Space Marines 235
2x Plasma Guns
Power Sword
Veterans of the Long War
Rhino w/ Dirge Caster

10 Chaos Cultists 55
Flamer

10 Chaos Cultists 55
Flamer

30 Chaos Cultists 145
3 Flamers

Heldrake 170
Baleflamer

Chaos Land Raider 235
Dirge Caster

Chaos Predator 115
Lascannon Sponsons

Chaos Predator 115
Lascannon Sponsons

Aegis Defence Line 100
Quad Gun

The Lord and Possessed ride up in the Land Raider, and the Apostle leads the fearless Cultists (Which feel wrong without the Mark of Khorne, as well as the Possessed (see above)) with Dirge Caster support from the Rhinos when charging.

CSM Squads provide some Anti-MEQ. Champions bear Power Swords purely because I want to be able to beat Tactical Sergeants in challenges.

All Cultists are Pistol and CCW for conversion purposes.

I know the list suffers from One-Raider Syndrome, but hey, if I go competitive I'll add more.

Part of me wants to swap out the Predators for Suicide Melta Terminators, but well.. yeah. The Predators are the part of the list I am most happy to change.

So guys, Any advice?

SON OF ROMULOUS
08-19-2013, 08:08 PM
i actually like the predators in this list. i think if you want you can sit them behind the aegis defense line have them shoot until their killed and i believe they should be able to get their points back rather quickly. i mean if you look at them their just 2 predators and their are other targets for your opponents to worry about.