PDA

View Full Version : Fast Shot and Quad-Gun/Icarus?

Lost Vyper
08-19-2013, 06:36 AM
How do people play these kind of situations? If my Dark Reaper Exarch has the Fast Shot, IMO he can shoot Icarus twice...or can he? In the Codex it says HIS gun...Icarus is HIS gun, when he is manning it :confused:

Wolfshade
08-19-2013, 07:17 AM
Rule book: Manual Fire - a model can use one of the emplaced weapons instead of his own. Use the firing model's BS and the line of sight of the weapon. All relevant special rules from the firing model and weapon are used.

Since fast shot is a relevant special rule I would say yes

Codex Eldar: This model always fires one more shot than is normal for his weapon

The argument is whether or not the gun is his weapon...it is.

DrLove42
08-19-2013, 07:50 AM
I've always played it as him double shotting the Las Cannon. No one has ever said anything otherwise to me.

A double shot, BS5 ignore jink Las cannon is wonderful

Nabterayl
08-19-2013, 09:31 AM
Agreed on all counts. As far as the rules are concerned, it's simply the firing model's gun.

Demonus
08-19-2013, 10:56 AM
I believe you get 2 shots with the lascannon and 5 shots with the quad gun if using a fast shot exarch.

Archon
08-19-2013, 01:12 PM
Rule book: Manual Fire - a model can use one of the emplaced weapons instead of his own. Use the firing model's BS and the line of sight of the weapon. All relevant special rules from the firing model and weapon are used.

Since fast shot is a relevant special rule I would say yes

Codex Eldar: This model always fires one more shot than is normal for his weapon

The argument is whether or not the gun is his weapon...it is.

I think not. Instead of his own - but the emplacement weapon ist not his own. Its not his equipment, he hasnīt bought it. That a fine litte difference.

Fluffwise he isnīt trained to fire such a clumpsy weapon so swift as if it was his own.

DarkLink
08-19-2013, 01:36 PM
The rules don't make that distinction, Archon.

Tynskel
08-19-2013, 03:05 PM
yeah, for all intents and purposes, the Emplaced Weapon becomes the model's weapon, and all of your special rules that apply to the model apply to the Emplaced Gun.

Just remember to place a giant piece of terrain in front of the gun when someone is doing that kind of cheese.

daboarder
08-19-2013, 07:57 PM
Why do people always go on about that? Use the narrative setup

Lost Vyper
08-20-2013, 05:05 AM
Yep, iīve always used the extra shot, itīs just logical, but someone planted a seed of doubt in my mind :), thanks for the answers!

Lord Krungharr
08-20-2013, 07:28 PM
Ooh, nasty, I didn't realize what the Fast Shot did. I unfortunately would have to agree with the Exarch getting 2 shots. Cursed Space Elf garbage!

Archon
08-21-2013, 02:00 PM
It still feels cheesy:(

Tynskel
08-21-2013, 02:35 PM
It still feels cheesy:(

uuhhhhhh...
ELDAR

End of Discussion.