PDA

View Full Version : Camo Netting

Brennen
08-16-2013, 09:17 PM
Does anyone make any 28mm scaled Camo netting? I've been thinking of using some on my IG Artillery tanks.

ChainswordHobbies
08-17-2013, 04:10 AM
I'd highly advise just making it yourself with Medical Gauze, Paper Towels, PVA Glue and whichever 2 colors you think that would be applicable to your artillery. It's the simplest method, and can look incredible when done correctly. Just Google Ash or Bungaroo Camo Netting gauze tutorial and you'll quickly find photo supported guides.

gensu11
08-17-2013, 07:07 AM
Pegasus hobbies makes camo netting in tan or green for about $4-5 for one package. Search amazon for "pegasus camo netting". That being said, nothing wrong with Chainsword's method, it can produce great results too.

magickbk
08-17-2013, 08:05 AM
You can also get a similar material in the kitchen utensil section of most stores, sometimes called muslin or cheesecloth. I find it can be slightly stiffer than gauze depending on the maker, so sometimes it is easier to shape how you want than gauze. Depending on what you get, the holes between threads can be different sizes, so test off a model first to make sure the final effect will be what you want.

bloodangel 83
08-20-2013, 03:29 PM
You can also use used tea bags for smaller nets. Just undo the staple and unfold tea bag, pour used grains into trash and then you have nets for troops, rhinos and ammo boxes.

Arkhan Land
08-23-2013, 04:51 PM
for vehicles ive used light window screen before. very shapable which is good when you want it to be optional/removeable