PDA

View Full Version : Space Hulk is ready for download on Steam

Necron_Lord
08-15-2013, 11:50 AM
For those Space Hulk enthusiasts who purchased the latest video game, you can download it now. I'm doing so right now. :D

JMichael
08-15-2013, 12:02 PM
I'm still on the fence about getting it. $30 seems a bit high for only 15 missions.
Anyway, please do follow up with your thoughts on the game!

Tyrendian
08-15-2013, 12:39 PM
well, I wont buy it at full price, simply because of the graphics... they are so bad imo that they destroy the atmosphere...
when it's on sale i'll likely get it though...

BlackKnight15624
08-15-2013, 01:30 PM
Just downloaded it (I preordered on Steam). Can't say I'm too impressed; the graphics indeed aren't promising, nor is the voice acting. However, it's nice to have an alternative format to play Space Hulk on when I don't have an opponent and I want to kill some genestealers though.

TL : DR (It really wasn't very long, so this is for the super-lazy): Wait for a Steam sale.

Cactus
08-15-2013, 01:43 PM
How is the game play though?

Necron_Lord
08-15-2013, 02:08 PM
How is the game play though?

It is like the board game. If you like the board game, then you'll like this. It is a good way to get some gaming in with my group, especially since one of them just moved to the East Coast.

Wolfshade
08-15-2013, 02:14 PM
Next steam sale is at Christmas...

RGilbert26
08-15-2013, 02:22 PM
Pre-ordered it, downloaded it, played tutorial missions and failed twice at first mission. Loving it so far.

Dlatrex
08-16-2013, 03:43 PM
Having never had the opportunity to play the actual board game, I am am loving the opportunity to see what the fuss is all about. I did get to play the DOS version of the game years ago, and this is in many ways similar. It is much more of a board-game in video format than a "Videogame modeled after a board game". Being able to multiplay should prove most entertaining with my friends. The Textures and lighting are all nice; some of the animation is a bit clunky but they have fun little bits such as the hazy shoulder-cams of all of the termies as they are moving. Just about to start the real missions but right now it is gloomy, noisy, and 40k.

4/5 Termagaunts

Lost Vyper
08-17-2013, 07:26 AM
I like it, gotta support these kind of efforts, cos turn-based is the only way for me...thereīs not much to choose in that category, ESPECIALLY in WH40K -realm...plus i donīt like DoW (real-time crap...:) )...

HsojVvad
08-17-2013, 11:11 AM
Just downloaded it (I preordered on Steam). Can't say I'm too impressed; the graphics indeed aren't promising, nor is the voice acting. However, it's nice to have an alternative format to play Space Hulk on when I don't have an opponent and I want to kill some genestealers though.

TL : DR (It really wasn't very long, so this is for the super-lazy): Wait for a Steam sale.

Yes wait for a Steam sale and never have games like this again. People wonder why we have no more TBS games. People wonder why the Developer doesn't make a sequel. Maybe because he is not making any money because people are waiting for Steam sales.

While we all have opinions, I find the graphics good. Not sure what people are really expecting. Voice acting is a bit sub par I agree, but then again, how is a Terminator going to sound? I find that the developer (forget who it is) did an AWSOME job in creating the "FEEL" of being on a space hulk.

I can understand why the Terminator in the Cartoon Flashgitz Space Hulk was crapping himself LOL.

Now while the graphics are acceptable, what do you want from a developing team of 12 or less? Want great graphics or great game play? They did an excellent adaption of the '09 board game. Basically IT IS THE BOARD GAME YOU ARE PLAYING.

So why anyone would be complaining about graphics is beyond me. They even get all the Marines exactly like the '09 minis are as well. Game play is just like the board game, what more do you want?

LostInTheDark
08-18-2013, 06:27 AM
This game reminded me of 2 things

1: How much I enjoy playing space hulk
2: How much I suck at playing space hulk! :D

Currently stuck on Alarm Call...

Cap'nSmurfs
08-18-2013, 07:09 AM
Don't worry. Everyone sucks at Space Hulk. It's part of the charm of Space Hulk.

Spamthulhu
08-18-2013, 12:42 PM
Yes wait for a Steam sale and never have games like this again. People wonder why we have no more TBS games. People wonder why the Developer doesn't make a sequel. Maybe because he is not making any money because people are waiting for Steam sales.

While we all have opinions, I find the graphics good. Not sure what people are really expecting. Voice acting is a bit sub par I agree, but then again, how is a Terminator going to sound? I find that the developer (forget who it is) did an AWSOME job in creating the "FEEL" of being on a space hulk.

I can understand why the Terminator in the Cartoon Flashgitz Space Hulk was crapping himself LOL.

Now while the graphics are acceptable, what do you want from a developing team of 12 or less? Want great graphics or great game play? They did an excellent adaption of the '09 board game. Basically IT IS THE BOARD GAME YOU ARE PLAYING.

So why anyone would be complaining about graphics is beyond me. They even get all the Marines exactly like the '09 minis are as well. Game play is just like the board game, what more do you want?

Honestly if game companies wouldn't make overpriced under made games then we wouldn't be talking about this at all. It would be exploding on the market. Look at Xcom, the relaunch of that game was fantastic and they didn't need to worry about sales.

Simply put, make a great game and it will sell. Make a half *** piece of garbage and worry about your profits.

HsojVvad
08-18-2013, 12:51 PM
Honestly if game companies wouldn't make overpriced under made games then we wouldn't be talking about this at all. It would be exploding on the market. Look at Xcom, the relaunch of that game was fantastic and they didn't need to worry about sales.

Simply put, make a great game and it will sell. Make a half *** piece of garbage and worry about your profits.

Problem is, look how is owner of the IP. I bet if this game was not Space Hulk but something similar without the IP licence the game would be cheaper. As anything GW related, it will be expensive. I don't think you can blame the developers/publishers for this.

Funny thing you say. "Make a great game and it will sell." We all can agree GW doesn't make good games. Maybe that is why they are so over priced? Imagine if GW made a great game, how much cheaper it can be and it will sell then. :)

Psychosplodge
08-22-2013, 04:59 AM
Oh dear, one of the Guardians of the Lore dropped the ball...

http://i39.tinypic.com/160u9o3.jpg

Wolfshade
08-22-2013, 05:27 AM
Bring me everyone:
http://www.wiredreflexes.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/everyone.gif

Cap'nSmurfs
08-22-2013, 05:34 AM
Ackshully, the Sin of Damnation background has always had it that the entire Blood Angels chapter was deployed, and then swiftly reduced to about 50 survivors. Sure, that's not a nice round number like 1,000, but...

Lexicanum: "Six hundred years before the arrival of the Sin of Damnation, the Blood Angels' entire chapter was decimated during a failed assault on another space hulk in the Secoris system, leaving only fifty marines in the whole chapter."

Psychosplodge
08-22-2013, 05:53 AM
Are you sure? I thought it was the entire first company?
An entire chapter seems excessive for a spacehulk...

Wolfshade
08-22-2013, 06:08 AM
See I find this hard to believe, the date for that is 996.M40, with only 50 survivors, yet 798.M41 we have the defense of Baal by 41 Dreadnoughts and the full company so almost every survivor would need to be interred.

Cap'nSmurfs
08-22-2013, 06:40 AM
It's in the 3rd ed Space Hulk manual, for realsies. The justification for the Terminator-led assault of Space Hulk fame is that they don't want to get burned again and are being much more cautious and surgical this time.

Seems to be a Thing with the Blood Angels, I can think of a couple of instances where they've been nearly wiped out. It never sticks.

Bigred
08-22-2013, 10:03 AM
REQUEST: Formal review of Space Hulk

About 500 words, give it a 1-5 star rating and we will use the available pics already available.

If anyone is up to it, send us the URL for the review posted here and we will use it on the frontpage.

-Larry