PDA

View Full Version : Farsight Enclaves

magickbk
08-14-2013, 07:08 PM
I don't have an iPad, so I'm waiting for the printed book. Can anyone confirm that the Allies as Battle Brothers with Tau Empire from the rumors is true so that I can plan some painting?

Quaade
08-15-2013, 01:27 AM
Yes. Tau are battlebrothers with the Farsight Enclaves

Anggul
08-15-2013, 05:18 AM
Bizarrely, yes. Basically: 'Here, have those special systems you were supposed to be giving up, and have an extended FOC while we're at it'. I always just assumed that supplements counted as the base codex, but apparently not.

DrLove42
08-15-2013, 05:26 AM
Yep. Farsight can ally for some stupid reason

Iyanden and I believe Black Legion can't.

Its stupid. For Tau it just lets you have extended FoC and both wargear, meaning there is no trade off all for the cost of needing 2 HQ's and 3 troops.

daboarder
08-15-2013, 05:52 AM
We don't know about BL yet.

and iyanden allows characters to choose which wargear entry THEY want to use, so basically its more like giving eldar an extra HQ unit and an additional set of relics they can choose to use if they feel like it.

magickbk
08-15-2013, 06:28 AM
We don't know about BL yet.

and iyanden allows characters to choose which wargear entry THEY want to use, so basically its more like giving eldar an extra HQ unit and an additional set of relics they can choose to use if they feel like it.

This really is the key point, in addition to the fact that since you don't have to use Allies to get access to the Iyanden stuff, you can still take Allies. An Eldar army with stuff from both the standard items and Iyanden items, and then Tau also? What does Farsight Enclaves use as their allies chart for the rest of the armies? Same as Tau Empire?

Wildeybeast
08-16-2013, 06:27 AM
This really is the key point, in addition to the fact that since you don't have to use Allies to get access to the Iyanden stuff, you can still take Allies. An Eldar army with stuff from both the standard items and Iyanden items, and then Tau also? What does Farsight Enclaves use as their allies chart for the rest of the armies? Same as Tau Empire?

Yes. The farsight codex says that in addition to following the allies matrix in tau codex, farsight enclaves may ally with tau as battle brothes. To all the people saying it is bizarre, it is explained perfectly well in the fluff. Farsight still has supporters and friends in the main tau empire, people who are diverting him weapons and supplies, as well as the latest in tau technology, which is why he has access to rip tides. It is perfectly conceivable then that he may have defectors joint him, or that he may come to the aid of beleaguered tau troops. It's just the ethereal hierarchy he doesn't trust, rather than his fellow tau.

magickbk
08-16-2013, 07:10 AM
Thanks! I started playing Tau since before the original release back in 3rd (I got it early), and I've always tried to theme my army around Vior'la Sept. I've always thought the Farsight thing was a sort of Fire caste loyalty to the caste/sept before anything else.

I'm excited to be able to make a Vior'la sept force without taking Farsight, which is what was required in the old codex.