PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts for an Orange Army

magickbk
08-14-2013, 01:10 PM
Long story short, I'm trying to think up ideas for an orange army.

Here's the long story:
I have a lot of projects in various stages of half-finished, or ideas that haven't yet been started. I don't like to paint the same colors over and over again, so I try to spread out the paint scheme and theme of each army to avoid repetition. I have a general list of things I'd like to paint that will probably take me another 20 years to complete. When making my list, I started to notice a lot of black and red schemes, so I started to lay out my potential projects on the color wheel to try to spread them out, but discovered a gap - Orange.

Here is my lists of possible future projects, some of which have already been started:

Silver/Red - Grey Knights
Black/Red - Inquisitorial Henchmen
Blue/Crimson - Crimson Fists
Red/Black - Blood Angels
Yellow/Brown - Tau
Yellow - Lamenters?
Dark Green - Dark Angels
Military Green - Cadian Imperial Guard
Blue-Green/Gold - Dark Eldar
Black/Bone - Ulthwe Eldar
Purple/Blue - Tzeentch/Slaanesh Chaos

The question is, what should be Orange? I think I have enough Marine forces on this list already. Really, only Tyranids, Necrons, and Orks aren't represented. Not sure if I really want to do any of those three, and I am also really interested in doing Ulthwe, so I'm not sure Yme-Loc or Lugganath are options.

So, my question for you is to toss any orange armies you can think of my way from a fluff/background perspective, or tell me why Orange would be better than something already on this list, except for the Tau and Dark Eldar which are already started.

Captain Bubonicus
08-14-2013, 01:54 PM
I've seen a groovy orange Imperial Guard army based around conscript troops - the guy used the plastic Catachans and painted their clothing orange (with white T-shirts) to mimic "prison orange" prisoner uniforms!

...If that doesn't interest you, isn't there an orange-colored Eldar Craftworld? Yme-loc or somesuch?

Kirsten
08-14-2013, 02:07 PM
chaos space marines and daemons can both happily be orange

Tyrendian
08-14-2013, 03:07 PM
Nids can be any color they(respectively you) bloody well like, and are very fun to paint imo...

Big Thunda
08-15-2013, 08:55 AM
Tyranids suit themselves well to orange- mine have orange shells/carapces and fleshy tan skin. Bright colors make for good contrast with the nids!

Wolfshade
08-15-2013, 09:14 AM
You better be careful not to submit them to GW, there might be all kinds of issues with your orange men on parade

interrogator_chaplain
08-15-2013, 09:41 AM
Well if you wanted to do Chaos Space Marines then you could go with the Warband schemes of The Reborn (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/The_Reborn#.Ugz1NpJzaUk) or The Pyre (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Pyre,_The#.Ugz1dpJzaUk) both of whom are sporting some simple orange designs. Or you could take it upon yourself to appropriate some of the other Chaos Warbands (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Chaos_Space_Marine_Legions_and_Warbands_(List)#.Ug z1qpJzaUn) and make them look however you please.

dwez
08-15-2013, 03:52 PM
I wanted to do Orks in Orange clothes who were obsessed with going out in Orktober and knocking on the doors of 'oomies and looting them like wot the great pumpkin told 'em to do.