PDA

View Full Version : amazing industrial album by a friend of mine..

Asymmetrical Xeno
08-14-2013, 12:35 PM
This is a friend of mine's album that sadly never got an official release due to a whole load of problems i wont go into, but i can see why he said it was "Cursed".

I think it deserves more exposure and I really feel it fits the 40k feel with it's mix of symphonic sounds, death-metal and electro-industrial mix. Great production too. Seriously f**king intense as hell. Completely blew me away. Anyhow, if you like high quality/innovative heavy music - give this a blast and make your neighbours think you've just opened a warp portal to chaos in your bedroom XD

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ho5o85xejlb33kr/the+detritus+cycle.zip

magickbk
08-14-2013, 12:57 PM
Checked it out a little. I have to admit, I'm mellowing a bit in my 'old' age, and don't usually listen to as heavy music as when I was younger, but it sounds good. Biggest problem is there are only a few genres with widespread popularity right now in terms of mainstream releases. Technology has made it easier to self-publish, but due to the quantity of self-published material available online it is really tough to both get it into the hands of the right audience, and also make any sort of living off of it (if that is your friend's intent).

Asymmetrical Xeno
08-14-2013, 01:00 PM
i don't think any of us doing industrial are doing it to make a living off XD we just love our angry techno too much haha. i agree with what your saying though, I still lack the skills to self-promote and havent really got a clue how to go about it - im usually happy if only 1 person likes it though.