PDA

View Full Version : New Armageddon release

eldargal
08-14-2013, 09:17 AM
From Faeit (http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/a-huge-supplement-release-5-releases-in.html#more)

his just in, as there is a huge release planned 6+ months out. No less than 5 supplements to be released at once, including Steel Legions, Salamanders, Kult of Speed, and more.

Just in case you did not notice, these are all armies for Armageddon.

Please remember that these are rumors.

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
GW is planning a "re-release" of the 3rd edition Codex Armageddon! That will be a huge release for 40K "more than half a year away" according to my friend. It will include 5 supplements: Warzone Armageddon (scenarios), Supplement: Salamanders, Supplement: Steel Legion, Supplement: Ghazghull's Horde and Supplement: Orc Kult of Speed. Everything will be released in one wave.

Each supplement will be accompanied by a very limited number of new releases:
Salamanders - Special Terminator Squad combining Thunder Hammer and Storm Bolters (no shields). Has access to a special weapon that's a "pimped out mix of Heavy Flamer and Multi Melta"
Steel Legion - Griffon/Salamander combi kit, new Finecast characters
Ghazghull's Horde - Nobs in Mega Armour (Plastic), Orkimedes (Finecast)
Speed Freaks - War Buggy, Wazdakka Gutsmek (Plastic)
Believe it when I see it. Hope it is true all the same.

Mr Mystery
08-14-2013, 09:19 AM
Possible I guess.

One of the advantages of the Appendexes (stick damn you, stick!)

AirHorse
08-14-2013, 09:22 AM
Really hope this is true!

Would love to see such themed releases more often, I hope this increased rate of release of books into 6th ed might mean they actually come up with some new stuff(and I mean completely new, not just updates).

These kind of themed releases around specific campaigns would be a great way to add new events into 40k!

eldargal
08-14-2013, 09:24 AM
I can't see a plastic kit being wasted on a relatively minor chapter that is only present in C:SM, maybe a Finecast conversion kit. Could be wrong, I mean look at BT, but it seems too specific when you think that everything the Orks and IG are getting are usable by the entire codex. Seems like wishlisting. The ork stuff seems more plausible.

isotope99
08-14-2013, 09:57 AM
Black templars had their own codex. I agree, maybe some finecast, shields and special weapon but a plastic kit feels unlikely.

If IG and Orks are soon on the codex update list, then maybe supplements for them too but otherwise why get a supplement dex for an old list that's going to be replaced pretty quickly. Even with the current pace, can't see tham updating both armies that fast.

All for them patching up the ork vehicle range though and getting rid of those ancient buggy kits. Return of the Deffkoptas might be nice too now that they are no longer available.

Jimmynurgle
08-14-2013, 10:02 AM
I know several friends who would go completely NUTS for plastic Mega-Nobs. And a updated Buggy would be cool. I am casting several tons of salt on the other kits.... the Sallies would be cool though.. they always seem to be left in the shadows with the Iron Hands...

magickbk
08-14-2013, 10:36 AM
One of the advantages of the Appendexes (stick damn you, stick!)

Just keep at it, it'll happen.

Some of the information from the German Games Day threads say that they won't do a Supplement for any old Codex. They did at least mention Cult of Speed by name as part of that conversation. However, in order for both that information, and this rumor, to be accurate, then Orks and Guard both need to be done before this release. However, if they were to be Q1-2 of 2014, then this release could easily slot into next summer.

Tyrendian
08-14-2013, 10:46 AM
Just keep at it, it'll happen.

Some of the information from the German Games Day threads say that they won't do a Supplement for any old Codex. They did at least mention Cult of Speed by name as part of that conversation. However, in order for both that information, and this rumor, to be accurate, then Orks and Guard both need to be done before this release. However, if they were to be Q1-2 of 2014, then this release could easily slot into next summer.

yup that was my thought as well about the time frame... "almost a year" is "more than half a year" :-)
that would mean the schedule would look something like this:
Sept.: Marines
late Q4 2013: Nids
Q1+2 2014: Boyz and Guard
Mid 2014: Armageddon

sounds feasible to me... should leave enough space for Hobbit in December and WFB in between... we`ll have to wait and see...

magickbk
08-14-2013, 11:01 AM
yup that was my thought as well about the time frame... "almost a year" is "more than half a year" :-)
that would mean the schedule would look something like this:
Sept.: Marines
late Q4 2013: Nids
Q1+2 2014: Boyz and Guard
Mid 2014: Armageddon

sounds feasible to me... should leave enough space for Hobbit in December and WFB in between... we`ll have to wait and see...

Incidentally, one could assume that the releases listed for Orks and Guard will actually be part of the Codex release wave, and not part of the Supplement wave, as I am not convinced of models coming with Supplements any time soon.

Tyrendian
08-14-2013, 11:04 AM
Incidentally, one could assume that the releases listed for Orks and Guard will actually be part of the Codex release wave, and not part of the Supplement wave, as I am not convinced of models coming with Supplements any time soon.

that I think is highly unlikely... I don't think GW will release two new codices simultaneously...

Houghten
08-14-2013, 11:06 AM
'Scuse me, waiter? Could I have ALL THE SALT please?

magickbk
08-14-2013, 11:13 AM
that I think is highly unlikely... I don't think GW will release two new codices simultaneously...

No, no. What I meant was that early 2014 there will be a Codex release for say, Orks, with the plastic Nobz, warbuggies, a few other things including something big, and then a few months later there will be a Codex: Guard release with the Griffon and other stuff.

deinol
08-14-2013, 11:28 AM
If they maintain their pace of 5 new codexes a year, I can easily see Tyranids, Orks, and IG early next year. I'm hopeful all the codexes will be updated within 3 years of 6Es release, which would be pretty awesome.

I just hope they stick with 6E for several years after that and concentrate on awesome supplements instead.

MajorWesJanson
08-14-2013, 11:30 AM
The problem with releasing Warzone Armageddon is that they already released it in the Apoc II book.

Bigred
08-14-2013, 12:08 PM
The problem with releasing Warzone Armageddon is that they already released it in the Apoc II book.

My thoughts exactly.

Now it could just be a "Summer of Flyers" kind of theme release, focused more on the minis than Armageddon, but we all saw what happened to the "Summer of Flyers"...

Cap'nSmurfs
08-14-2013, 12:13 PM
I can't see it.

Asymmetrical Xeno
08-14-2013, 12:52 PM
I think for me, this is a good example of - even if it's total bunk, it's quite fun to imagine what the releases would look like in your head. :D

If it's true, it might mean plastic Steel Legion with the IG codex (?) Would be nice as I dislike both cadians/catachans. Allthough i'd doubt this.

magickbk
08-14-2013, 01:18 PM
If it's true, it might mean plastic Steel Legion with the IG codex (?) Would be nice as I dislike both cadians/catachans. Allthough i'd doubt this.

It would be so great to get additional plastic regiments, but I doubt that will happen next time around, as there are still a bunch of units in the current Guard book that need models. The great potential lies in the fact that it only requires 3 boxed sets to release a new regiment, but that also potentially means splitting sales away from Cadians and Catachans. I would expect a new basic Catachan set to match the Heavy Weapons and Command sprues before I would expect a new regiment.

Power Klawz
08-14-2013, 04:19 PM
I'm going to go ahead and believe this. Space Marines are out in a few weeks and I'd wager both Orks and IG will have 6th edition dex's before the midpoint of '14.

Mainly I just want plastic mega-nobz with tellyportas. If even that bit becomes reality I shall be satisfied. New plastic buggies and such would be the delicious fungus icing on the cake.