PDA

View Full Version : The Black Mace's Curse

Lord Krungharr
08-13-2013, 09:18 PM
Does an enemy take a Toughness Test after EACH unsaved wound from the Black Mace, or is it just a single Toughness test after all the wounds are taken and one or more are unsaved?

daboarder
08-13-2013, 09:23 PM
There is a pretty extensive discussion of this a page or so back. Its not really conclusive.

My personal opinion, given the lack of the specific wording used in other rules such as "one or more unsaved wounds" then it is for EACH mound suffered.

Anggul
08-14-2013, 06:19 AM
I agree with daboarder as the rules pretty much always specify 'one or more' if that's what they mean.

We'll need an FAQ to get everyone to agree though.

Sly
08-14-2013, 11:21 AM
I think it is pretty clear. Most players, for ease of play, roll for wounds and saves as a bunch, but if you follow the rules as written, you actually handle a single wound at a time, completely until you see whether it kills the model or not, and then start the process with the next wound. Since the Black Mace's killing ability happens whenever you suffer a wound, and you handle wounds one at a time, it's pretty clear that it should be rolled individually after every unsaved wound.

Lord Krungharr
08-14-2013, 02:11 PM
WoW, we've all been doing it wrong then down here. That might help me vs a Wraith Knight, though a Bale Sword would be even better :)