PDA

View Full Version : Betrayer

DrLove42
08-12-2013, 03:41 AM
Anyone else read this?

I've mostly only followed my legion through the Heresy, so after First Heretic and Know no Fear its been good to see them again. ADB is just a brilliant author for my boys in red.

I've come out this book;

- Wishing Kharn was a better choice is a CSM army list. He's just such an awesome character.

- FW better make an Argal Tal model. Cos I will buy it a lot. Such a great character, I want him in more books

SPOILER - Highlight to read - WHY kill him? **** you Erebus! I loved Argal Tal. Kharn going ape crazy on Erebus at the end for revenge was great

- Deamon Ascended Angron is not going to be good for anyone.

energongoodie
08-12-2013, 06:05 AM
I really liked this one :)

Highlight to read:

I'm sure Argel Tal will return. Just cause he's been killed doesn't mean anything in this series. I forget which character had a vision of him on Terra at the big battle as a big deamon but they did and he will be :)

Cap'nSmurfs
08-12-2013, 06:20 AM
In regard to the character you guys are talking about: I think he won't be back. ADB makes a big point about the need to have the traitors suffer losses along the way, given that so many of their major characters are still alive in the 41st millennium. They have to have some characters who are able to be beaten and even killed. The character in question was awesome, but some of them have to die. Otherwise there's a lack of dramatic tension, and a bad imbalance where the loyalists have an endless run of characters who aren't gonna make it but the traitors are guarded with finest plot-armour. Erebus isn't going to be killed. (Probably. All the way, at least.) So someone else has to be able to.

Betrayer was a ripping read. ADB really is one of the best.

energongoodie
08-12-2013, 06:23 AM
He'll be back :)

Cap'nSmurfs
08-12-2013, 06:31 AM
I can see a couple of ways for it to be happen - the main one wouldn't be *him* as such. He's definitely dead. But you're right that mere death doesn't seem to be stopping anyone in the Horus Heresy. :)

In terms of visions: I wouldn't trust these too much. The characters who are in tune to the ways of fate, like Erebus and Lorgar, are constantly noticing the thousands of different paths and futures. One of the themes of the series is the treacherous nature of prophecy. Maybe you're right, though, and it wouldn't hurt anything for it to be so (I really like the character) - but I'm guessing not~

What did you guys think of the climatic fight? I thought it was a really awesome examination of the three primarchs' natures studied through the medium of a really kickass fight scene. Properly epic stuff.

DrLove42
08-12-2013, 06:34 AM
Highlight - I can see the deamon being back. On its own or possessing someone else, with a grudge to settle

We know Erebus survives the Heresy, as do people like Kharn and all the remaining Primarches (Mannus excluded)

Archon
08-12-2013, 07:23 AM
Anyone else read this?

Wishing Kharn was a better choice is a CSM army list. He's just such an awesome character.

He WAS an awesome char... now he is just a killing machine.

The book was a great read indeed. The insight of characters like Argel Tal, Kharn and the big angry men were very fitting. But mostley iīve liked one mere human figure - the female captain of the "conquerer" - such a great woman!

At smurf and goodie above: Donīt you think there a people out there who hasnīt read the book? so please use Spoilers!

DrLove42
08-12-2013, 07:41 AM
The book was a great read indeed. The insight of characters like Argel Tal, Kharn and the big angry men were very fitting. But mostley iīve liked one mere human figure - the female captain of the "conquerer" - such a great woman!

Lotera? She was incredible as well. Quite liked Lhorke as well

Cap'nSmurfs
08-12-2013, 07:42 AM
I tried to leave things vague. I apologise if anyone who's not read it had it spoiled!

energongoodie
08-12-2013, 07:52 AM
At smurf and goodie above: Donīt you think there a people out there who hasnīt read the book? so please use Spoilers!

Highlight to read: I used highlight to read. If you ain't read it don't highlight.

Denzark
08-12-2013, 08:54 AM
Is it out in a sensible sized pb at Ģ7.99 now?

Wrt Kharn, he needs to get his 3/3.5 Eternal Warrior back so he don't get insta-gibbed by PF death.

Demonus
08-12-2013, 01:26 PM
This book was a great read if only for the end of the book, in the "gladiatorial pits" with what Kharn does to....(read the book :) )

nathaneal246
08-12-2013, 02:06 PM
Probably one of the best HH books, ADB is by far the best author at BL currently in my opinion! this book did make me love kharn a lot and I cant wait for a FW of the said character! Argel Tal has to be released!

Also for me never before, while reading books have I hated a character, that character is Erebus, I cant wait until he dies! I find the traitor characters are more interesting than any of the loyalist except for garro and his cronies, anybody else found this?