PDA

View Full Version : What I did today....

Mr Mystery
08-08-2013, 02:58 PM
Evening folks, and welcome to another thread.

And this is a bloggy/motivationally type of thread, and its for all.

Chip in whenever you've done something hobby related. Might be played a game. Might be 'read a codex on the bog'. Painted some models? Built something? However involved (or not), tells us abouts it precious! See I'm a nosey bugger, and I like to see what people are up to.

Feel free to link to other threads, sites, blogs, whatever.

Share! Inspire! Froth! Encourage! POAST!

Cactus
08-08-2013, 03:28 PM
Dang, I don't have privileges.

However, Poast would be an awesome name for a gretchin "war loard."

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-08-2013, 03:53 PM
I played and won 3 games with my Fire Angels today huzzah.

Also made the suicide bomber Skink Priest using Lord Kroak, a Skink Priest with Feather Cloak, magic channelling, and the Deliverance of Itza.

YorkNecromancer
08-08-2013, 05:17 PM
I began painting two models - the key villainous characters from my 40K Campaign blog.

SotonShades
08-08-2013, 06:31 PM
Read the last two stories in Mark of Calth and punctured several holes in my skin trying to block in some panels on the Aquila Strong point. I also added some blood effects to a Chaos Star I will be wearing proudly to a campaign this weekend. And by blood effects, I mean I accidentally smeared some blood on it after leaning too hard on my aquila strongpoint... looks great though!

Phototoxin
08-08-2013, 06:52 PM
Took a bath and meditated like a slann contemplating the workings of the magic number grid of the old ones (sudoku)

Stripped all of my older lizardman metals that I'm keeping (characters, slann, 4 salamanders, 5 horned ones)

Played 2 games of 40k with my nephew (him Blood Angels, me Tau) and lost horribly. He rolled 4 sixes on 4 dice. He is a lucky 5 year old... (and I wasn't using half the uber powers of the riptide ;-))

Ordered a lot of new lizardman stuff for the 3rd spawning.

Patrick Boyle
08-08-2013, 07:59 PM
I finally started painting the Stormraven I got when Death from the Skies was released. It should be done just in time for the Codex release.

ACE01
08-08-2013, 09:22 PM
I put the base coat layers down on 29 tk skeleton spearmen, ready for my first foray into fantasy since 5th edition

Mr Mystery
08-08-2013, 11:13 PM
Tonight Matthew, I'm going to be Lucius Drago, Rogue Trader.

Nowt like role play and a few cans on a Friday night!

wayne williams
08-09-2013, 01:51 AM
today I have started my conversion of a wraithguard , this one will have 4 sword arms I am going for the cynwall nova construct feel ( an old rackham mini I loved ) if this works ill make a whole multi armed unit.

http://search.aol.co.uk/aol/imageDetails?s_it=imageDetails&q=cynwall+nova&img=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.coolminiornot.com%2Fpics%2Fpi cs15%2Fimg4e217622dd256.jpg&s_chn=hp_t2&v_t=aoluk-homePage52&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.coolminiornot.com%2F283170&width=181&height=75&thumbUrl=http%3A%2F%2Ft2.gstatic.com%2Fimages%3Fq% 3Dtbn%3AANd9GcR5jg4rUTNrC2Nh4AkRruEotKotGbNiSD_CUw csWkdq3p6oij1ZdUtKkew%3Awww.coolminiornot.com%2Fpi cs%2Fpics15%2Fimg4e217622dd256.jpg&b=image%3Fs_it%3DimageResultsBack%26s_chn%3Dhp_t2% 26v_t%3Daoluk-homePage52%26q%3Dcynwall%2Bnova%26oreq%3Da9d44756f 500493190a163b5d86c9b37&imgHeight=746&imgWidth=1786&imgTitle=CoolMiniOrNot+-+Cynw%C3%A4ll+Nova+by+Mark77&imgSize=472797&hostName=www.coolminiornot.com

ok that doesn't look right its ment to be a link to a nicely painted nove ( not mine ) to give you an idea of what I am aiming for.

Mr Mystery
08-09-2013, 02:03 AM
That sounds cool dude! Pics of progress please? (PPP to save time perhaps?)

LordGrise
08-09-2013, 05:24 AM
Worked a bit more on my Hellhound Tau-ization project. Started out as a really beaten up Hellhound, I've reworked the turret (now sporting an ion cannon - or at least the barrel thereof) currently working on track guards, kinda beef the look of the thing up a bit. Thinking about a pair of pulse carbines for a pintle mount; I tried mounting a burst cannon from a Stealth Suit for the pintle, and didn't like the look. I'm wondering what the secondary weapon is - vertical two barrel something with perforated barrel shrouds - and I'm very tempted to clip off the whatever-it-is and put a fusion gun from a Crisis Suit in it's place - it would look right, be another Tau touch... and be way OP for a secondary weapon if anyone ever let me bring the thing to the table... ::sigh::

Mr Mystery
08-09-2013, 05:29 AM
Righty dokey....futuristic type report!

Got my Daemons knocking around, mostly built, but still blissfully unaware of the existence of paint.

So, Oath of Moment.....

By Sunday evening, I'll have sprayed all 20 Plaguebearers, and made a start with the washes.

That ought to keep me out of trouble!

Cap'nSmurfs
08-09-2013, 06:14 AM
What I did (yesterday) is I got to a 95% done stage on my Wraithguard. Lots of shiny, shiny gems. Just a few things and bases to do now.

I'll post pics in my thread when they're done, along with some other things.

Aegwymourn
08-09-2013, 07:07 AM
For the last week I have been trying to get my Tau ready for Astronomicon. Made some decent progress but still have a huge amount to do by next weekend. Going to be close!

Mr Mystery
08-09-2013, 07:09 AM
What work you got left to do?

eldargal
08-09-2013, 07:14 AM
Just assembled the last of my un-assembled SM stuff for my FSMs in anticipation of new goodies in a few weeks. Spefically:

A whirlwind
5 Tartaros terminators
Terminator chaplain
10 assault marines (here's hoping they don't suck this edition, not that I play Marines but whatever)

Finnegan
08-09-2013, 07:44 AM
Fighting with hangover, I'm trying to make 2000 points Eldar army list. Tommorow my Tis'Aenai Craftworld forces will meet the Swordwind of Gath-Nara Craftworld in fratricidal battle.

Drunkencorgimaster
08-09-2013, 08:02 AM
Just finished a Sly Marbo and an Iron Hand Straken for my Valhallen IG. I used plastic Catachans for both, modelling Marbo after a Russian Spetnaz. My Straken is basically a copy of the T-800 (the Arnold version of the Terminator). I've got wounds all over him and the metal endo-skeleton showing through in several places. I still have to add gloss to the wounds to make them look fresh. Oh, and do the stupid bases. I hate basing.

Pendragon38
08-09-2013, 08:08 AM
I can't say what or show what I'm building, but it will make a Warlord Titan pee himself.

Deadlift
08-09-2013, 08:10 AM
Just picked up 2 boxes of marines, 1 "monster high" doll called Roborta that's got some sort of steam punk theme to it and a large plastic stegosaurus.

Obviously with what's coming its time to start a new marine army, just not settled on a scheme yet.

Dave Mcturk
08-09-2013, 11:21 AM
I can't say what or show what I'm building, but it will make a Warlord Titan pee himself.

pmsl....

Pendragon38
08-09-2013, 12:25 PM
pmsl....
????

Bigred
08-09-2013, 04:02 PM
I'm planning the custom mission for the 8 - person Heresy Apocalypse game I'm hosting in 3 weeks.

Aegwymourn
08-09-2013, 04:51 PM
What work you got left to do?
(If this was directed at me)

Quite a bit. I have the basecoat (white, used an airbrush and fell in love with it), first black wash of everything (nuln oil), almost done with every black panel/cloth (abbadon black). Then I have green paneling (not as much since it my tertiary colour, primary is white, secondary black). Then I have to do all the armor paneling I want white with painting. And then base a couple of things.

The hard part is almost over. Everything else shouldn't take to long, but getting everything black has been a pain through sheer quantity.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
08-10-2013, 03:08 AM
I built Sill'va the Albino Carnosaur. (and his rider Crescent-Lord Tzaloq-ai of Tlaxtlan)

Eberk
08-10-2013, 06:15 AM
I spray-painted my first homemade realm of battle tile in dark-brown/red.

it came out a little to dark so i guess i have to buy a lighter shade of brown and try again.

Mr Mystery
08-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Well, I managed nowt today! Went out last night after role play...and paid for it this morning!

Blackcloud6
08-10-2013, 10:24 AM
I'm putting the finishing touches on my Crimson Fist Devastator Squad before decaling and overcoat.

Dragannia
08-10-2013, 07:41 PM
I got up, looked at my unfinished Guardians, got out my brush...then sighed, put it back, and went back to studying for my respiratory and MSK block exam in 2 weeks.

LordGrise
08-11-2013, 01:29 AM
Set the Ion-hound aside for the day - I needed a break from it - and began upgrading a pair of reclaimed Sentinels for use by Gue'vasa. Internal combustion engine removed (or at least the smokestacks) to be replaced with something similar to the radiator vanes from the old-style Broadside. Old weapons taken off, sites cleaned up, chins magnetized, and new dual-mount pulse carbines placed. Very pleased with the way they look. Clipped the cage off the scout variant (damaged beyond repair) and debating between trying to fabricate a new cage from sprue, or sucking it up and fabricating armor from sprue. Either way, some sensor bits from the Hammerhead box, and away we go.

Question to the board: secondary weapons on the former Hellhounds now Ion-hounds (lousy name, I know) are both two barrels arranged vertically, but one has short perforated shrouds molded in, and the other one does not, but instead has ribbing molded in top and bottom. What are these? I'm guessing a stubber for the barrel shroud version, but the other one puzzles me. Surely not plasma?

Phototoxin
08-11-2013, 01:05 PM
I cleaned up 2nd hand pathfinders and assembled them.

I part assembled one of my battlesuits that I didn't realise I had the bitz for (going dual fusion+mpod for tank hunting)

I installed a ø4mm brass rod in my Slanns palanquin's base (it used to be the bane of my teen-hood, trying to make that fat frog sit on his chair!) ready to mount him on a nice resin base I found somewhere.

Assembled 4 old old salamanders (these style of ones) 3 of which I got fresh from the moulds at Warhammer World when I was 15.

Cleaned up an old skink priest and 6 chameleon skinks

I just need to put sand on the pathfinder bases + gor rok. I'm waiting until I get the jungle baseing kit before I do any LM bases. (except gor-rok - already got his base done from steggy kit.)

HsojVvad
08-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Well I haven't done much lately. I am cleaning out my basement to make it into a gaming room. I have about 4 table. Sad thing is, now those tables are covered with everything to clean up the basement. LOL. At least I got one table with a bunch of new stuff that I need to put together for our beloved GW hobby.

HsojVvad
08-12-2013, 04:55 PM
Got my Fortress of Redemption out. Man I am butchering it. :( Well I need to learn I guess eh? Wish me luck I can do an ok job on it guys.

Phototoxin
08-12-2013, 07:56 PM
Collected my lizardman cards, got some paint & jungle/deathworld basing kit in my local GW.

Assembled most of the rest of my stegadon, a skink chief, shaman & started a planaquin for tiktekotto. Made a silicon mould of some bits for basing, cast up some bits for basing, based the rest of the kroigor and salamanders with said bitz and bitz from basing kit.

White Tiger88
08-12-2013, 09:43 PM
Remembered i have custom build Fiends of Slaanesh i need to paint...oh and finished my Azkalleon model's paint job.

AlaitocJib
08-13-2013, 09:39 AM
I started/finished 3 units with their paint jobs. Never again will I paint that much in one week ._.