PDA

View Full Version : cheap wraithguard?

fuzzbuket
11-18-2009, 11:34 AM
as the title says cheap wraithguard great models killer rules, cost ££££ for a small squad its bearable but i'm not paying £80 for 1 unit! does anyone have a cheaper alternitive or a nifty conversion!

thanks for reading

Fuzzbuket

Faultie
11-18-2009, 12:32 PM
. . . .. .

. . .. . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . ..

. . . . .. . ...... . . . ..... . . .
Ah! All t.he p.er.iods are fall.ing fr.om. your. po.st.
. . . . .. . ...... . . . ..... . . .. .
>-----------------------------------------<
I don't know of many good stand ins.
Maybe some of the larger Eldar (Dark Reapers or Warp Spiders) + Greenstuff?

MightyOrang
11-18-2009, 05:31 PM
Ebay and patiences. Pure and simple.

The AKH
11-18-2009, 08:28 PM
MightyOrang has the right idea if you want to use the metal Wraithguard. I know I've seen people using Epic Eldar Titans for variety, but I don't know if they're cheaper and they're definitely harder to come by.

Duke
11-18-2009, 08:43 PM
MightyOrang has the right idea if you want to use the metal Wraithguard. I know I've seen people using Epic Eldar Titans for variety, but I don't know if they're cheaper and they're definitely harder to come by.

I dd that exact thing for my wg and it look sick! I just removed their jump packs. They cost $30 for two so it was the same exact cost... Did I mention they look awsome?

fuzzbuket
11-19-2009, 11:20 AM
ebay didnt like me (day 1 £2 day 2 £21)
so im building wraithguard out of the worst aspect

Hawkguard

its really easy
clip off barrel
milliput over head (its the same shape!)
put a miliput cloak where the wings should be

Ta-da! (and wings for the preheresy ec)

Maxis Lithium
11-19-2009, 05:08 PM
I honestly don't think there's any easy conversions for them. The probelm is that they're blkyer then anything in the Eldar army, and nothing would fitfrom other ranges.

If you're willing to go outside 40K, I think you could make some really finky ones out of wood elf fantasy dryads or treekin. you'd still need someknod of gun, but perhaps some moded shurri-cats or somthing. I would definatly look to Fantasy for cheaper, easier versions of the Wraithguard.

Mystery.Shadow
11-19-2009, 11:21 PM
Back in the day I would find wraithGARD for sale on eBay, but somehow, eBay's spell checking thing finds these misspellings now.

WARNING! Many WraithGuard Models ARE KNOCK OFFS!! They are NOT real Games-Workshop Models!! Seriously, why would a guy have 200 WraithGuard to sell? Really....

Duke
11-19-2009, 11:48 PM
After all is said and done it might just be easier to use the actual models, lol

archimbald
11-20-2009, 03:44 PM
After all is said and done it might just be easier to use the actual models, lol

heck yeah

tho its always good crac to have a go at GSing your own modells:D

Talon57x
11-21-2009, 11:36 PM
Or you could get some Tau XV25 stealthsuits, clip off the jet pack, and get out your GS. A bit cheaper and PLASTIC!