PDA

View Full Version : Guardian Weapon Platforms

magickbk
08-08-2013, 10:56 AM
Let's say you aren't running units of 5 Dire Avengers with no upgrades in Wave Serpents, and are taking 20-strong Guardian units with 2 platforms. What weapons have you been giving to your platforms, and why?

Ravingbantha
08-08-2013, 05:03 PM
I usually run scatter lasers or Shurkin Cannons, but this is because I prefer my untis to run specific tasks. My guardians are anti0infintry units, so I give them anti-infantry weapons. If I give them anti tank wepaons then the rest of my squad just kinda sits there playing Canasta

Cap'nSmurfs
08-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Shuriken cannon or Brightlances.

cebalrai
08-20-2013, 08:27 AM
Let's say you aren't running units of 5 Dire Avengers with no upgrades in Wave Serpents, and are taking 20-strong Guardian units with 2 platforms. What weapons have you been giving to your platforms, and why?

I took 2x Bright Lances with Aegis, warlock with S9 Spear. It's funny to see the look on people's faces when they eat all that firepower.... And it's super nasty in overwatch and gets a 2+ cover save with shrouded.

And if people start to creep up on you, you can kind of move out then battle trance back behind the wall....

I don't think in general shuriken cannons are that great on them due to the limited range.

Garradh
08-20-2013, 09:39 AM
A 20-man unit is a sit-and-shoot unit or a mob-across-the-field unit. Like any list it should be tailored to what you're in need of that unit to do. Stand back in an Aegis and shoot bright lances at enemy tanks? Zerg across the field to get in some shooting (with all the casualties that will come with running across the field)?

I would recommend Cebalrai's plan. Running across the field I would recommend two cheap Shuricannon platforms parked at the front of the squad to absorb some shooting - in all I don't recommend this. Have you considered splitting the twenty into 10-mans in Wave Serpents?