PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Tyranid army concept

Ravingbantha
08-04-2013, 09:26 AM
So in a boubt of Insomnia brough on by an aching broken foot last night, I came up with an intersting (to me anyways) tyranid army concept (much to my wifes dismay). Please let me know what you think as I have never played nids before

HQ
x2 Tervigon w/ acid blood, catalyst & regernation

Elite
x3 Zoanthrops

Troops
x2 21 count termagant broods
x2 Tervigon w/ acid blood & regernation (allowed as troops becasue of the 2 termagant broods)

Heavy Support
x2 Tyranofex w/rupture cannon, catalyst & regernation

The idea is the 4 Tervigons constantly spew out more troops during my movement phase, while the Zoanthrops act as rearguard synapse and heavy support with my Tyranofexs, to take out hard targets. The termagants and Tervigons deal with mass troops, as I will most likely be deploying as much if not more troops then I lost. Any attetion given to my Tervigons and Tyranofexs will be possibly undone by Regeneration and Catalyst would be used on the Tervigons to give them Feel no Pain.

Tynskel
08-04-2013, 09:44 AM
hmmm...

well, since you are forgoing flying and super heavy hitters, you need to change your tervigons into the heavy hitters.
I would recommend maxing out on the psychic powers, then swapping them for the Rulebook Buffs in biomancy.

Other than that, I think the list is just a bunch of spam, and you will become bored playing it.

Anggul
08-05-2013, 02:16 AM
As Tynskel said, max out Tervigon powers and swap for Biomancy. Lose Acid Blood, it's a waste of points. Lose Regeneration, it's too expensive. Tyrannofexes aren't psykers so can't have Catalyst, and generally suck anyway. The only vaguely usable loadout is Acid Spray, 2+ wound Thorax and Cluster Spines for templates everywhere, the Rupture Cannon just isn't going to accomplish much with an average of one hit per turn. In all likelihood all you're going to do is knock of a couple of hull points here and there, and for how expensive it is it just isn't worth it when you could have Hive Guard and Zoanthropes instead.

Garradh
08-05-2013, 01:33 PM
Tervigon lists seem fun at first and daunting to your opponent, but it doesn't take too many games to learn they are very beatable. The tyrannofexes can be effectively ignored by your opponent since two S10 AP4 hits per game can be often negated by cover (not to mention tyrannofexes cost two buckets in points). That lets your opponent pour all his S5+ fire at your Tervigons, which even with six wounds won't last long. Iron Arm and Endurance can help. Venomthropes can help as well.

Tynskel
08-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Personally, I don't use Tryannofexes for the S10. I use them for Hellhound Flamer Templates. 3 guns, when you get close, are awesome.
They act like their own little armies by themselves, so they are fantastic support units.

When it comes to tank busting, Zoans, Hive Guard, genestealers, and good ole smash attacks.

chicop76
08-05-2013, 09:40 PM
I

I agree take 3 powers and drop regeneration on all your units. Keep the poison and take the glands so your gaunts can re roll to wound marines on the charge.

I used tyrannofexes and they work rather well. They provide cover to your tervigons. If you ignore them my tervigons will have cover saves all day.

If one of your mcs are wounded spinkle endurance on them and they will get wounds back.

I tried endurance and regeneration, but endurance is really helpful.

Also I learned strength 10 range shots still really help. Even with cover saves strength 10 shots is nothing to ignore.

However the switch to 6th from 5th had me drop the tyrannofexes to pick up swarmlorad and hive tyrant with a bunch of hive guard to provide cover saves to my tevigons. Also I stated to use biovores which are really good in 6th due to the sniping potential.

I dropped my eliteguard for zonathorpes due to adding more psychic powers to my army.

I found that poisoned gaunts do a lot of damage. Wraithknight is a problem send 20 poison gaunts at it and it's not a problem any longer.

I found 3 Tervigons to be a good number, 4 and higher seems a bit much. Also taking claws fr more attacks and if you get d3 attacks through biomancy you can dish out 10 attacks on the charge, with 9 ofthem being smash attacks if you decide to samsh.

Tynskel
08-05-2013, 10:06 PM
certainly, you can use that many tervigons. I just find the list gets boring. Especially, if you are taking 2 tyrants and guard. You practically have nothing else in your list!

chicop76
08-06-2013, 04:19 AM
certainly, you can use that many tervigons. I just find the list gets boring. Especially, if you are taking 2 tyrants and guard. You practically have nothing else in your list!

I also use doom, trygon, zonathorpes, and biovore

Tynskel
08-06-2013, 06:10 AM
2000 points?

chicop76
08-06-2013, 07:47 AM
2000 points?