PDA

View Full Version : What models would you like to see released next?

eldargal
08-04-2013, 08:29 AM
Despite improving there are still a lot of characters as well as a few units that GW have yet to release models for. So out of curiosity, what would you like to see released yet? Try and limit your list to half a dozen entries, no criticism of others choices, no pointing out GW won't do it for whatever reason etc.

My list:

Inquisitor Valeria, because we need a good female Inquisitor model. Plus she's bad arse.
Voidraven, 'cos Dark Eldar need their second flyer
Lady Malys, as she too is a bad arse.
Eldar Jetbikes, because eighteen years is just too long for a plastic kit.

Ravingbantha
08-04-2013, 09:00 AM
as a long time eldar player, I would love new multi piece... well basicly every non vehicle non walker. It's been forever since we had a non forgeworld avatar, still running off 3 poses or so for all aspects sans dire avengers, and yes the bikes need something, evern if it just new riders.

Finecast is much better for conversions and assembly and falling off a table (many metal troops lost a plastic arm once upon a time), but I would prefer an all plastic line.

desert_hack
08-04-2013, 09:53 AM
Definitely a voidraven. What else? Vect?

jifel
08-04-2013, 09:59 AM
For the love of Terra, somebody make a Mycetic Spore

As far as crucial units go, almost every single Tyranid army brings at least one spore. I almost always have two. I used to use Nerf footballs cut in half, now I have soda cans with tentacles, claws, and a cardboard shell on the back. It doesn't look nearly as good as the rest of the Tyranid model range, I can guarentee that. We'd have to start a different thread, but I wonder, what is the most popular unit that doesnt have a model?

Bigred
08-04-2013, 10:02 AM
I hate to ask this, but can some kind soul do a quick look through all the codices and give us a master list of units with rules and no models. That would make this much easier.

Pretty please - with sugar on top :)

Tyrendian
08-04-2013, 10:37 AM
For the love of Terra, somebody make a Mycetic Spore

As far as crucial units go, almost every single Tyranid army brings at least one spore. I almost always have two. I used to use Nerf footballs cut in half, now I have soda cans with tentacles, claws, and a cardboard shell on the back. It doesn't look nearly as good as the rest of the Tyranid model range, I can guarentee that. We'd have to start a different thread, but I wonder, what is the most popular unit that doesnt have a model?

this, so much this... one of the few things that actually make that codex good, and there's no model for it? that would fly off the shelves like probably nothing else...

new Eldar Jetbikes would be more than welcome as well...

more variants for Necron Crypteks would be nice - just the one (mediocre) model for six (basic plus the 5 Harbingers) very different dudes is kinda meh...

and, while not GW but FW, I'd really love to see a model for Bran Redmaw, both in his normal and transformed state - he has the potential to be one of the most epic models FW have produced...

Mr Mystery
08-04-2013, 10:49 AM
Yep. Although thoroughly spoiled model wise as a Necron player, I'd love to see more Crypteks released.

It is possible to convert them, but I'm fundamentally lazy, so want it on a plate!

jifel
08-04-2013, 11:07 AM
I hate to ask this, but can some kind soul do a quick look through all the codices and give us a master list of units with rules and no models. That would make this much easier.

As great of an idea as this is, I think we should just have people chime in with each codex. I'll start with Nids, possibly the worst offender here.

Codex Tyranids:

Parasite of Mortrex
Tyranid Prime
The Doom of malan'tai
Ymgarl Genestealers
Mycetic Spore
Tyranid Shrike (Forge World)
Sky-Slasher swarms (Forge World)
Harpy

Primes, Y.Stealers and shrikes are all easy conversions that I've done myself, while I've done Mycetic they're less easy, and I did make a Harpy a while back but turned it into a Flyrant. And as a Nid player, the Spore needs it most from the above list!

YorkNecromancer
08-04-2013, 11:09 AM
The AdMech Servitor squads with melta guns that the Black Codex promised me way back in 1993 in the brand new 2nd ed boxed set.

Some of use are still waiting, GW. :(

GrauGeist
08-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Well, hell, people are still waiting for that Squat Codex with new plastic models.

Ravingbantha
08-04-2013, 11:56 AM
As great of an idea as this is, I think we should just have people chime in with each codex. I'll start with Nids, possibly the worst offender here.

Codex Tyranids:

Parasite of Mortrex
Tyranid Prime
The Doom of malan'tai
Ymgarl Genestealers
Mycetic Spore
Harpy

Primes, Y.Stealers and shrikes are all easy conversions that I've done myself, while I've done Mycetic they're less easy, and I did make a Harpy a while back but turned it into a Flyrant. And as a Nid player, the Spore needs it most from the above list!

The Ymgarl Genestealers are par tof the standard Genesteal box if I remeber right. They have a head option in there.

jifel
08-04-2013, 01:10 PM
Well the Genestealer box was released years before Ymgarls were ever an in-game option ;)

But yes, there is a tentacled head in the box. Many people currently use it to represent Ymgarls, but there's only 2 heads in a box of 8. Also, they were originally intended to be the "Feeder Tendrils" option from the 4th edition codex.

Mr Mystery
08-04-2013, 01:31 PM
Well, hell, people are still waiting for that Squat Codex with new plastic models.

It's been nearly 20 years. Can people just drop it now? How many people who go on about Squats ever actually played Rogue Trader? Or even Epic, where they got their last release (the Cyclops) in Titan Legions?

The horse is dead. You can stop flogging it now people!

ACE01
08-04-2013, 02:35 PM

This is those I have access to:

Blood Angels
Complete

Chaos Daemons
Ku'gath
Skarbrand

Chaos Space Marines
Complete (Helbrute in DV)

Dark Angels
Complete

Dark Eldar (credit MajorWesJanson (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?34747-What-models-would-you-like-to-see-released-next&p=334823&viewfull=1#post334823))
Lady Malys
Duke Slisicus
Baron Sathonyx
most Haemonculus, Wrack, and Grotesque wargear has no representation. A Wrack plastic kit with parts to make a Haemo would fix that.
Void Raven bomber

Eldar
Jetbike Council

Grey Knights (credit MajorWesJanson (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?34747-What-models-would-you-like-to-see-released-next&p=334823&viewfull=1#post334823))
Grand MAster Mordrak
Inquisitor Valeria
Justicar Thawn

Imperial Guard (credit MajorWesJanson (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?34747-What-models-would-you-like-to-see-released-next&p=334823&viewfull=1#post334823))
Morgul Kamir
Col. Chenkov
Nork Dedog
Sgt Bastogne
Penal Legion troops
Vendetta (Forge World)
Griffon (Forge World)
Medusa (Forge World)
Colossus (Forge World, as Bombard)

Necrons (credit MajorWesJanson (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?34747-What-models-would-you-like-to-see-released-next&p=334823&viewfull=1#post334823))
Crypek - models/parts to represent the various wargear

Orks
Mega Armoured Warboss
Mega Armoured Big Mek
Old Zogwart
Wazdakka
Meganob with Twinlinked Shoota
Flash Gitz (though simple to convert)
Looted Wagon (convert vehicle from other codex)

Space Marines
Khan on Moondraken (credit MajorWesJanson (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?34747-What-models-would-you-like-to-see-released-next&p=334823&viewfull=1#post334823))

Space Wolves
Complete

Tau
Complete

Tyranids (credit jifel (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?p=334709#post334709))
Parasite of Mortrex
Tyranid Prime
The Doom of malan'tai
Ymgarl Genestealers
Mycetic Spore
Harpy

Tyrendian
08-04-2013, 03:01 PM
This is those I have access to:

Blood Angels:
Complete

Chaos Space Marines
Complete (Helbrute in DV)

Eldar
Complete

Space Marines
Complete

Orks
Mega Armoured Warboss
Mega Armoured Big Mek
Old Zogwart
Wazdakka
Meganob with Twinlinked Shoota
Flash Gitz (though simple to convert)

Space Wolves
Complete

well Eldar could use some Psykers on Jetbikes, so I wouldn't call them complete if you count Wargear options in Codex:Orks...

jifel
08-04-2013, 03:07 PM
I don't think we should count wargear stuff like that. After all, Flyrants don't include two Devourers.

ACE01
08-04-2013, 03:13 PM
well Eldar could use some Psykers on Jetbikes, so I wouldn't call them complete if you count Wargear options in Codex:Orks...

I'm with you on jetbikes, for sure, but the meganobs default wargear is the one they don't produce a model for!

YorkNecromancer
08-04-2013, 03:32 PM
It's been nearly 20 years. Can people just drop it now? How many people who go on about Squats ever actually played Rogue Trader? Or even Epic, where they got their last release (the Cyclops) in Titan Legions?

I did. Squat super-heavies were awesome. AWESOME. Their 40K stuff, though. Good riddance.

But as I said, I don't want Squats. I want my meltagun Servitors, dammit!

Mr.Pickelz
08-04-2013, 06:04 PM
This is from Forgeworld, but i would love to see a Blasta-Bomma from them. or just a Bomma with extra bits for a Blasta. Currently i believe you would have to take 2 or 3 dakkajet models and cram them together to form something similar, but a proper model would be awesome. Also, the Warbuggies and Wartraks in IA:8 look absolutely better than GW's Gorkamorka-2nd ed. ones. While a lot of the Ork stuff can be represented with mods and conversions, i think having a proper Looted Wagon (Rhino or Leman Russ chassis with Ork bitz) would be sweet.

Edit: FW has a Fighta-bomma, but not a Blasta-Bomma (aka the one with the Deff-arsenal in the nose)

MajorWesJanson
08-04-2013, 10:08 PM

Codex: Tyranids:

Parasite of Mortrex
Tyranid Prime
The Doom of Malan'tai
Ymgarl Genestealers
Mycetic Spore
Harpy

Codex: Space Marines
Khan on Moondrakken
Master of the Forge with Conversion Beamer (Forge World, sort of)

Codex: IG
Morgul Kamir
Col. Chenkov
Nork Dedog
Sgt Bastogne
Penal Legion troops
Vendetta (Forge World)
Griffon (Forge World)
Medusa (Forge World)
Colossus (Forge World, as Bombard)

Codex: Space Wolves
none

Codex: Blood Angels
none

Codex: Dark Eldar
Lady Malys
Duke Slisicus
Baron Sathonyx
most Haemonculus, Wrack, and Grotesque wargear has no representation. A Wrack plastic kit with parts to make a Haemo would fix that.
Void Raven bomber

Codex: Grey Knights
Grand MAster Mordrak
Inquisitor Valeria
Justicar Thawn

Codex: Necrons
Crypek is generic and can potentially represent any of them, but Crypteks and Lords really need more models/parts to represent the various wargear

Codex: Orks
Mega Armored Warboss (can convert Ghaz)
Warboss on Bike (Forge World)
Wazdakka Gutzmek
Ol' Zogwort
Meganobz with kombi-shootas
Deff Koptas with options (Black Reach with rokkets are out of production, metal deff kopta model is ancient as well)
Flash Gitz (barring a single collectors model)
Looted Wagons

Houghten
08-04-2013, 11:30 PM
I believe I have already made my feelings quite clear on this subject a number of times:

Plastic Macharius. With Vanquisher and Vulcan options.

Though, in light of what they did to the Baneblade and Shadowsword kits (that is, merged them into one extra-expensive box), I guess I should amend that list of options to include the Omega, Gorgon, Crassus, Praetor and Dominus.

This is from Forgeworld, but i would love to see a Blasta-Bomma from them. or just a Bomma with extra bits for a Blasta. Currently i believe you would have to take 2 or 3 dakkajet models and cram them together to form something similar, but a proper model would be awesome. Also, the Warbuggies and Wartraks in IA:8 look absolutely better than GW's Gorkamorka-2nd ed. ones. While a lot of the Ork stuff can be represented with mods and conversions, i think having a proper Looted Wagon (Rhino or Leman Russ chassis with Ork bitz) would be sweet.

Edit: FW has a Fighta-bomma, but not a Blasta-Bomma (aka the one with the Deff-arsenal in the nose)

That'd be because the Bomma (and Blasta-Bomma) are super-heavies.

Looted Wagons
Oh, zog no!

Daemonette666
08-05-2013, 12:23 AM
Dreadclaw or some form of drop or assault drop pod for CSM. A nice dedicated AA vehicle for CSM, and maybe a nice artillery piece that can deal out pie plate STR 9 AP 3 damage both direct and indirect without having to look to allies - so a CSM version of the Basalisk - maybe daemon possessed with Balefire.

For Daemons, a fast moving open topped, Daemonic skimmer transport with a daemonic save, and a mediocre weapon that can be upgraded, and possibly have a Dirge caster type upgrade for it as well.

For sisters of Battle, a Heavy tank, similar to a Landraider, but designed for Sisters that has a huge amount of 48" or longer range Str 9 weapons fire backed up by some assault cannons and Heavy Flamers. Also a flier that can give them some AA ability, and a biker unit. A medic squad that individual models can detach from to attach to other squads (you know an elite or HQ choice that does no take up a FOC slot). Lastly for Sisters, a walking Monstrous Creature bigger than a Penitent Engine designed to be fast (like a Mauler Fiend is), and built for close combat with meltas and flamers in the arms.

For Orks, Squiggoth Cavalry (like smaller versions of the Gargantuan Squiggoth, but big enough to be ridden by orks, and have armour plates and weapons bolted onto them. Maybe an Ork Drop Pod. They might have to roll on a table to see if their parachute deploys or Retro Jets fire, but it wold be a fun surprise for the Umie scum to av da orks drop in on 'em.

I can not think of anything else for the other codexes.

Tyrendian
08-05-2013, 03:39 AM
Dreadclaw or some form of drop or assault drop pod for CSM. A nice dedicated AA vehicle for CSM, and maybe a nice artillery piece that can deal out pie plate STR 9 AP 3 damage both direct and indirect without having to look to allies - so a CSM version of the Basalisk - maybe daemon possessed with Balefire.

For Daemons, a fast moving open topped, Daemonic skimmer transport with a daemonic save, and a mediocre weapon that can be upgraded, and possibly have a Dirge caster type upgrade for it as well.

For sisters of Battle, a Heavy tank, similar to a Landraider, but designed for Sisters that has a huge amount of 48" or longer range Str 9 weapons fire backed up by some assault cannons and Heavy Flamers. Also a flier that can give them some AA ability, and a biker unit. A medic squad that individual models can detach from to attach to other squads (you know an elite or HQ choice that does no take up a FOC slot). Lastly for Sisters, a walking Monstrous Creature bigger than a Penitent Engine designed to be fast (like a Mauler Fiend is), and built for close combat with meltas and flamers in the arms.

For Orks, Squiggoth Cavalry (like smaller versions of the Gargantuan Squiggoth, but big enough to be ridden by orks, and have armour plates and weapons bolted onto them. Maybe an Ork Drop Pod. They might have to roll on a table to see if their parachute deploys or Retro Jets fire, but it wold be a fun surprise for the Umie scum to av da orks drop in on 'em.

I can not think of anything else for the other codexes.

you kinda fail to grasp the purpose of the thread... we're not wishlisting for completely new units here, we`re looking at existing units that need a model...

ACE01
08-05-2013, 05:19 AM
Have updated my earlier post with the subsequent posters additions to create a master list (post 14 (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?34747-What-models-would-you-like-to-see-released-next&p=334751&viewfull=1#post334751)) for ease of reference.

That done, my wishlist. Not necessarily affecting the armies I play, but just because I think the models are needed / would be cool.

Mycetic spore (nids)
Doom (nids)
Mega armour plastic kit (orks)
Ork Deffkopta
Jetbike council / Shining spears / plastic jetbike kit (eldar)

Is there any interest in doing one of these for WFB?

LordGrise
08-05-2013, 05:50 AM
For the Tau:

The Eight from the Farsight Supplement (I plan on getting most of the FW Crisis Suits to model these) these at least have rules.

These below do not, but should:
Earth Caste, Water Caste, Gue'Vasa, Thraxians, Nicassar, Pakassar, N'Deemi, and Demiurge
The XV 8-06 Crisis Coldstar (no rules, no model, but a mention made on p12 of the Codex)
Kroot units sufficient to actually make a viable army on their own, esp since their fluff is that they are mercenaries

magickbk
08-05-2013, 06:51 AM
DE: Voidraven bomber
IG: Hydra, Griffon (no one mentioned the Hydra yet? A quad-gun on a chimera doesn't count)
SoB: an army. In plastic.

Everybody: fill out those missing character choices.

Finnegan
08-05-2013, 08:02 AM
Eldar:

Swooping Hawks (Exarch options!)
Warp Spiders (Exarch options!)
Shining Spears
Phoenix Lords (yes, Eldargal, especially Jain Zar - we need supercoolkillerfemaleeldarchick :) )
Jetbikes
Foot&Bike plastic Autarch with equipment options
REAL Avatar of Blood-Handed God (not that guy with funny nose and menorahs attached to helmet)
Warlocks
Harlequins (new design of eldar masqued mistic actor-warriors with more "eldar/alien" attire, not copied directly from commedia dell'arte)
New Dark Reapers and Howling Banshees would also be nice :)

Cactus
08-05-2013, 08:50 AM
I'd like to see the Primarchs finished. I know FW is making some nice statues, but I'd like to have them all.

Also, I really want an IG Praetorian army. The prices in the secondhand market are insane and I'd love a re-release.

khambatta
08-05-2013, 07:09 PM
For Space Wolves, an Iron Priest on a Thunderwolf. They should have supplied an alternate torso with the Wolf Lord kit, which could then have been used to convert a Techmarine on a bike, too.

DarkLink
08-05-2013, 11:46 PM
There's a person out there who actually uses Iron Priests?

nathaneal246
08-06-2013, 06:50 AM
Hydra for IG for me because i think the FW is a tad to expensive for my liking! I need two of them for my guard army as well so it might just be me being selfish!

Kirsten
08-06-2013, 07:04 AM
pretty much the guard stuff needed, colossus, hydra, storm troopers.

mainly though I want a plastic mars pattern warhound. well, I want five, but you know...

ragnarcissist
08-06-2013, 03:37 PM
NEW RAGNAR PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!
also id like a wolfguard specific pack that arent terminators, that has many different combiweapons and axes, swords, fists and claws
also a new canis wouldnt hurt....

wishlisting: a spacewolves stormraven and stormtalon.....

Mr.Pickelz
08-06-2013, 09:36 PM
There is already Squiggoth calvary options, with FW. They use to be like 50 or 80 points for a Monstrous Creature that could hold 10 orks and counted as an open-topped transport, nasty with 10 burnas in it for Overwatch. Now with new rules i think their upwards of 200 points, they still are 1 per Heavy Support Slot, so you gota weigh them against Battlewagons and the such. :(

Ezaviel
02-02-2014, 05:44 AM
The AdMech Servitor squads with melta guns that the Black Codex promised me way back in 1993 in the brand new 2nd ed boxed set.

Some of use are still waiting, GW. :(

What about the entire Genestealer cult army list from the same Black Codex?

Ezaviel
02-02-2014, 05:51 AM
Codex: IG
Col. Chenkov
Nork Dedog

Both those guys used to have official models. When did they discontinue them?

I guess back when the discontinued the other metal boxed units (Tallarn, Valhallan, Mordian). I must admit, I stopped paying attention to the metal IG when they finally released a plastic Cadians box.

Ezaviel
02-02-2014, 05:52 AM
storm troopers

Isn't that what the Kasrkin are for?

At least the Kasrkin don't have SS stripes on their shoulders like the old plastic Stormtroopers...

Arkhan Land
02-02-2014, 09:07 AM
Its not an SS stripe its a sketchy thunderbolt, they look more like RAFs than ****s, I should know I have friends who re-enact as both

(Wait what? I cant say ****s!!??)

but on the same tip, yes... New Stormtroopers would be cool, I think rumor is were supposed to get em with the new vet kits having a few options

Veteran Sergeant
02-02-2014, 02:57 PM
What about the entire Genestealer cult army list from the same Black Codex?Genestealer Cult rules were in the 2nd Edition Tyranid Codex. So technically they fulfilled that one.

The only unfulfilled army from the Black List were the Squats, who were subsequently blacklisted, lol. They even eventually got around to producing all of the Imperial Agents rules too.

GravesDisease
02-03-2014, 04:40 AM
Non ultramarine honour guard - I'm tempted to get the Red scorpion ones from FW since it seems less effort to file off the chapter emblems, but it's still a fair amount of effort!

MajorWesJanson
02-03-2014, 12:54 PM
Non ultramarine honour guard - I'm tempted to get the Red scorpion ones from FW since it seems less effort to file off the chapter emblems, but it's still a fair amount of effort!

Agreed. Honor Guard are one of the kits that Marines still could use in plastic. Only a few others- Thunderfire cannon, Techmarine, Terminator Characters need done in plastic, after that Marines are left with new units and recuts.

Eldar_Atog
02-03-2014, 03:08 PM
Dark Eldar (credit MajorWesJanson (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?34747-What-models-would-you-like-to-see-released-next&p=334823&viewfull=1#post334823))
Lady Malys
Duke Slisicus
Baron Sathonyx
Void Raven bomber

The Decapitator special character is also missing a model, isn't he?

I'm sure he would see use if only he had a model. Yes, I'm being sarcastic :)

deinol
02-03-2014, 09:56 PM
Agreed. Honor Guard are one of the kits that Marines still could use in plastic. Only a few others- Thunderfire cannon, Techmarine, Terminator Characters need done in plastic, after that Marines are left with new units and recuts.

I plan to use the sternguard bodies for my honor guard. I just need more relic blades.