PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite unit/character in YOUR army and in the WH40K -universe?

Lost Vyper
08-04-2013, 03:28 AM
Hi, Lost Vyper here...

I was wondering, what do people consider their favorite unit/character in their own MAIN army and in the whole 40K -universe? My own choices are pretty easy to find...

A little back round for my choices. We played D&D for many years and through all the characters i played, i liked my Drow Assassin (Sniper) the most. I got him on the double digit levels and he was a sole survivor, who fled from the demons nest (who wiped out rest of the dudes/dudettes) back to the darkness...so...

My choice for the favorite from the 40k universe comes from the Grey Knights...Vindicare Assassin...the stats, the fluff, the model...awesome...best sniper in the game, although Illic comes close...
He has the pistol for the close quarter -action and the FNPLite...Turbo penetration -rounds, oh my...when i face him on the table, he´s some menacing model lurking and going for the Wraithknight (Shieldbreaker -round any one?) or for my Wave Serpents...still, that´s my NO 1.

Had to put Marbo as a runner up (yeah, i love these lurking *******s :rolleyes: ). The BEST fluff (if not Eldar) and the BOMB and the model with the knife...lovely! If i play with IG -allies, he´s a must, just for the cool factor :cool:

In my own army (Eldar), i go for the War Walkers. They got even better with the new codex and it´s kind of annoying, that i ALMOST cannot make a list without at least one set of three :o...The point cost (210p SL+BL for three) vs. what they deliver is cheap! I usually take 3 x 3 and Outflank AT LEAST 2 x 3 and they always work! Just have to avoid Quad-Gun and that annoying GK character, who´s been expecting me :p

What are your favorites?

- Lost Vyper

daboarder
08-04-2013, 04:05 AM
Draigo......paahahaha sorry couldnt do that with a straight facr.

Probably tycho just for the history of the character in real world terms then......I dunno its hard maybe dante. Oldest meanest grandpa in the galaxy

As for unit. Depends on the army

BAs its the death co
Nurgle marines its nurgle terminators (hoping th black legion supplement lets me do a list of these)
Tyranids....to hard whole army
Slaanesh.....noise marines? Or mh spawn unit once I start building it

eldargal
08-04-2013, 04:06 AM
My favourite character would be the Farseer I made, she's awesome.:p In terms of GW characters, Lelith Hesperax.

My favourite unit is Howling Banshees, even though they are now useless and I don't even field them.

daboarder
08-04-2013, 04:09 AM
Oh yeah lelith is the woman

Cap'nSmurfs
08-04-2013, 04:26 AM
Eldrad Ulthran. The Phoenix Lords. Captain Sicarius. Marneus Calgar.

Favourite unit is Sternguard Veterans for facing anything the galaxy throws at them with calm and accurate bolter fire.

Lost Vyper
08-04-2013, 04:49 AM
Oh, i forgot Lelith! Darn it! Yes, as for the CC characters go, she´s NO 1.

desert_hack
08-04-2013, 06:46 AM
Favourite unit? Definitely hellions. Beautiful models. Favourite character is kharn the betrayer.

YorkNecromancer
08-04-2013, 06:59 AM
Favourite unit: Ogryns. They've never had a good model, they've never had good rules, but I have loved the idea of Ogryns since 1990. One day, they will be as awesome as they are in my head.

Favourite model? Either Sanguinary Guard, the original Jes Goodwin Servitors, or possibly the Cronos/Talos kit.

Favourite character? Probably Lelith Hesperax, or Yarrick.

Oh, i forgot Lelith! Darn it! Yes, as for the CC characters go, she´s NO 1.

I once had her take out a unit of GK Paladins on her own. Don't get me wrong, she got lucky, but it was still awesome. She's just an explosion of violence.

Lost Vyper
08-04-2013, 08:21 AM
Hellions are nice, just got 10 of them. It´s a shame, that there´s no model for Baron thou...i have to use one as him + 9 as allies for my Eldar army...

Tour_Guide
08-04-2013, 08:41 AM
It's all about big Ghazghull Thraka. But then again, he's always had stupid good luck on the tables round these parts. In the 50 or so games I've run with him, he's died twice. I mean, Damn. As for a specific model? The SM terminator Chaplain has always been my favorite. I call mine Chaplain Skully, or just skully.

Edit: As far as fluff shenanigans go, though? Kharn is my favorite character. Read this and TRY not to laugh: http://1d4chan.org/wiki/kharn

DWest
08-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Lemartes, Guardian of the Lost. 1) he is the epitome of the 40k tagline "there is only WAR" going from battle to stasis pod to battle like some kind of murder-flavored popsickle, and 2) I had at least two good games in 5th edition where I dropped him and a pack of buddies off from a Stormraven and the opponent shot down all the regular DC, at which point I got the joy of informing my opponent that Lemy's jump pack wasn't just for show.

Mr Mystery
08-04-2013, 02:08 PM
Nemesor Zandrekh.

He's suitably mental, and has a distinct 'British Military Office, circa 1700-1918' feel..... 'I'm not sure why the feel painting themselves green is going to help!'

I can quite imagine him issuing an order, followed by a Melchett 'MEH!!!!' straight after!

Wolfshade
08-04-2013, 03:33 PM
Easy peasy.

Death Company. Loved them so much built a 30 man unit, just had to wait a long time so I could use it again.
I love the fact that they are completely mad, wrapped up in the death of Sanguinius and his sacrifice (which is my favourite piece of fluff)

YorkNecromancer
08-04-2013, 03:42 PM
Nemesor Zandrekh.

Plus the fact his bodyguard is essentially Teal'c from Stargate SG-1.

Pendragon38
08-04-2013, 04:17 PM
My favorite unit is the Thunder Fire Cannon. I love that look people get after they start taking enough wounds from it, after they tell me how useless the cannon is.;)

The Sovereign
08-04-2013, 08:35 PM
Lelith Hesperax, Lukas the Trickster, and Ahriman.

Mr.Pickelz
08-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Wazzdakka Gutsmek, he flew his bike into a Titan's void shields, survived and flew into the cockpit to mutilate the crew, taking down the Titan. Ghaz is always a good one, for Orkz. A more unknown one is, Tuska the Daemon-killa.
" With his final act, Tuska reached up between the creatures legs with his Power Klaw and made a gesture of his own."

Edit: The creature mentioned was a Blood Prince of Khorne...

Ursa
08-05-2013, 02:17 AM
My favorite unit is the Thunder Fire Cannon. I love that look people get after they start taking enough wounds from it, after they tell me how useless the cannon is.;)
Have to agree herethats why I have three. In 5th edition they were much better but stull rock.
Followed closely by Sternguard, I just love these guys led by Kantor giving extra attacks (three base) and scoring. The sheer tuck you power of ten plasma guns firing twenty shots or ten meltas vaporizing anything or ten flamers just nuking entire swarms. Now add in the most versitile gun in the game... WINNER!!!

Cap'nSmurfs
08-05-2013, 03:56 AM
Trazyn the Infinite. Honestly most of the Necron characters these days are wonderful. Moustache twirling villainbots, my brother calls 'em.

Mr Mystery
08-05-2013, 05:21 AM
Yep! Special Scarab moustache at that!

chicop76
08-05-2013, 05:37 AM
Farsight: Simply because he had the will to defy the Ethereal's and went overboard on slaying dem Orcs.

Hmmm if I pick a character with a army that I am playing now. My favorate would be Fateweaver. Simply due to breaking game mechanics no matter what edition he is in.

Pendragon38
08-05-2013, 07:18 AM
Have to agree herethats why I have three. In 5th edition they were much better but stull rock.
Followed closely by Sternguard, I just love these guys led by Kantor giving extra attacks (three base) and scoring. The sheer tuck you power of ten plasma guns firing twenty shots or ten meltas vaporizing anything or ten flamers just nuking entire swarms. Now add in the most versitile gun in the game... WINNER!!!
I just hope it doesn't get nerfed in the new dex.

Cactus
08-05-2013, 08:56 AM
I made a Thor model for my Space Wolves. While he's just a simple Rune Priest in my army, I really love him.

Demonus
08-05-2013, 09:13 AM
Hmm. For each of my armies:

Space Wolves- Logan Grimnar. Well worth the points almost every time.
Eldar- WraithGuard led by a Spiritseer
Grey Knights- Vindicare Assassin (though I dont use him much anymore)
Chaos Space Marines- Hands down Kharn. He should be harder to kill though.
Necrons- I love the concept of the Ctan, but the rules suck.

bfmusashi
08-05-2013, 11:01 AM
In the whole universe, Huron Blackheart, 'cause he sings the complete works of Queen and dresses like Freddie Mercury when outside his armor.
In my armies, I would say Draigo since he's a study in how silly 40k is. It should never be treated seriously.

Vangrail
08-05-2013, 10:59 PM
Id have to say vaylund cal of the sons of medusa. He is from the imperial armor 10. He is a powerhouse and i love my conversion for him. With there was more story on him though. But other than him id have to say kharn the betrayer.

Mr Mystery
08-05-2013, 11:21 PM
Id have to say vaylund cal of the sons of medusa. He is from the imperial armor 10. He is a powerhouse and i love my conversion for him. With there was more story on him though. But other than him id have to say kharn the betrayer.

Kharn Shmarn!

Real men use Angry Ron!

Finnegan
08-06-2013, 03:14 AM
Eldar: Striking Scorpions or Warp Spiders, especially their Exarchs (tough choice between Claw Wielding, Stealthy Predator-like Badass and Warp Jumping, Powerbladed Ninja, mixing&blending enemy's entrails with monomolecular cord). And (since DoW II) Warlocks, of course. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw7X7itUCVo
Dark Eldar: Mandrakes (too bad they're near useless) and Scourges. Their fluff is awesturbing (awesome + disturbing).
Tyranids: Good, ol' Genestealers.
SoB: Repentia Sisters & Mistress. Chainsaw buzzes and whip cracks.
CSM: Noise Marines - KISS in space
Tau: Vespids, Kroots and Gue'vesa Auxilia. I love the Tau auxiliaries concept. Without it, they're another mono-race army.
SM: Tactical Squad. Workhorse of the Astartes.
SW: Thunderwolf Cavalry. Space Vikings on Giant Wolves. No explanation needed.
IG: Elysian Drop Troops. Brave men and women ready for combat drop against whatever danger galaxy holds.
Orks: Stormboyz. Brave... funguses, ready for combat against... well... just anything.

bluepowerade
08-06-2013, 06:42 AM
I enjoy my Wraithknight. I just love my model, the rules are awesome, and I have not had a single game where it hasn't done something awesome. My favorite so far was my hammer of wrath hit killing an unwounded Typhus. Not so Nurgle blessed now are you hahahaha!!!!

Vangrail
08-06-2013, 02:27 PM
Kharn Shmarn!

Real men use Angry Ron!
Angry ron lol awesome