PDA

View Full Version : same rule, different effects?

dirkspair
08-02-2013, 09:06 PM
hi folks,
one question, if a unit in a 5th ed codex has rule X with the effect Y and a unit in a 6th ed codex also has rule X but with effect Z do the rules stay different according to what dex you use or does the new rule count for both instances? neither rule is a USR, so i assume it goes by what codex is used, correct?

daboarder
08-02-2013, 09:10 PM
hi folks,
one question, if a unit in a 5th ed codex has rule X with the effect Y and a unit in a 6th ed codex also has rule X but with effect Z do the rules stay different according to what dex you use or does the new rule count for both instances? neither rule is a USR, so i assume it goes by what codex is used, correct?

Yeah you use whatever the relevant codex states, gone are the days of the "most recent publishing"

SeattleDV8
08-02-2013, 09:13 PM
Yup, unless the FAQs point you back to the BRB.

Magpie
08-03-2013, 12:33 AM
hi folks,

You'd pretty much expect to go with the particular ruling in each Codex I'd think, do you have an example of where this has happened ?

dirkspair
08-04-2013, 06:30 AM
rites of battle: in BA dex, use tychos Ld for morale and pinning tests. in DA dex, use azraels Ld for any Ld test (nice against tests against psi scream and the doom of malantai)

bolster defences: in BA dex, only for ruins, in DA dex, any area terrain

servo arm: in BA dex, ST 8 (great for the servitors), in DA dex, STx2

Magpie
08-04-2013, 06:53 AM
yep well definitely those ones will be as per the codex in each case as they are tied into the "balance" of the Codex within itself.
There are a few special rules that have the same name but different effects depending on the Codex you use, even between 6th Ed stuff.

Some interesting changes there, it looks like the servo arm doesn't grant the extra attacks like it used to.