PDA

View Full Version : Apocalypse 2.0 rule changes

Bergermeister84
08-02-2013, 06:00 AM
So I haven't seen much discussion about the new rules for Apocalypse. Overall, I really love the new rules. I think they are fun and play well with the rest of 6th edition. There are a few things that I feel are missing and didn't make the transition from the original version. First is, I can't find anywhere that Superheavy Walkers are not locked in close combat by regular units. In Apoc 1.0, if a Reaver or Stompa got charged by a squad of tactical marines, then the next turn it could just walk away. Now, it has to Stomp its way out. The second thing I noticed is that Superheavies are no longer immune to psychic powers without a Strength characteristic. If these rules are still hidden away somewhere, a page number would be greatly appreciated.

Houghten
08-02-2013, 06:34 AM
I also notice that Co-Axial weapons are gone, and Primary Weapons no longer have their 4+ save... now, I appreciate that they suggest you simply ignore all results on the Vehicle Damage Table other than Wrecked / Explodes (hence why super-heavies no longer get Engine Damaged either) to make it simpler to keep track, but this essentially reduces Primary Weapons to Ordnance Weapons with no firing restrictions. And since super-heavies ignore firing restrictions anyway, there's no difference. So what I'm really saying is why did they bother to make it a category at all?

It's like how all the Dreadnoughts in 6th Edition codexes are armed with Power Fists instead of Dreadnought Close Combat Weapons.

Tyrendian
08-02-2013, 08:49 AM
did any of the Super Heavies get significant changes in the new Edition? or did they just update them to the new framework?

GrauGeist
08-02-2013, 07:29 PM
In Apoc 1.0, if a Reaver or Stompa got charged by a squad of tactical marines, then the next turn it could just walk away. Now, it has to Stomp its way out.

Don't worry, any infantry willing to charge a Superheavy Walker will probably one-shot it with PFs or Rending, so the point will be moot.

Houghten
08-03-2013, 03:45 AM
did any of the Super Heavies get significant changes in the new Edition? or did they just update them to the new framework?

Mekboy Stompas got turned upside down and shaken until the grots fell out.

Mr.Pickelz
08-04-2013, 12:11 AM
Not sure how i feel about the Big Squiggoth changes, it more than doubled in points, and has some tradeoffs, like taking 15 models instead of 10, and gaining fearless if within range of Ork models or more than 3 are on top of it. And the drugs table is funny, but at the end of the day, I find it questionable in comparison to a Battlewagon... hmm : /

Houghten
08-04-2013, 02:28 AM
Also, Skullhammas are no longer Fast.

It's a sad, sad day for Kults of Speed everywhere.