PDA

View Full Version : FNP, Instant Death and Eternal Warrior

droozy
07-31-2013, 08:19 PM
Hey Bols,

My question today has to do with the FNP, Eternal Warrior and Instant death special rules. In the Rulebook it says that Models with FNP can roll to discount unsaved wounds UNLESS the wound is caused by a weapon that inflicts instant death. Now the Eternal Warrior special rule says that any model with said special rule is immune to the effects of instant death. Does that mean that models with the Eternal Warrior and FNP special rules would get their FNP save even if the weapon inflicts instant death(say a strength 9 weapon vs. a T4 model)? Or do the limitations for FNP still apply even with Eternal Warrior? Thanks in advance

daboarder
07-31-2013, 08:21 PM
Faq

Nabterayl
07-31-2013, 08:39 PM
As the FAQ (http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m3170233a_40K_RULEBOOK_v1.4_APRIL13.pdf) says, Eternal Warrior does not let you take FNP against rules with the Instant Death rule:

Q: If a model has the Eternal Warrior and Feel No Pain special rules, can it still make Feel No Pain rolls against Wounds that inflict Instant Death (Eternal Warrior states that the model is immune to the effects of Instant Death, after all)? (p35)
A: No.

daboarder
07-31-2013, 08:56 PM
As the FAQ (http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m3170233a_40K_RULEBOOK_v1.4_APRIL13.pdf) says, Eternal Warrior does not let you take FNP against rules with the Instant Death rule:

Q: If a model has the Eternal Warrior and Feel No Pain special rules, can it still make Feel No Pain rolls against Wounds that inflict Instant Death (Eternal Warrior states that the model is immune to the effects of Instant Death, after all)? (p35)
A: No.

Come on nabertayl, they're never gonna learn if we spoon feed 'em the answers, tell them where and let them go get it themselves.

Magpie
08-01-2013, 12:19 AM
Yeh, we wouldn't want BoLS to be regarded as a site for helpful advice.

daboarder
08-01-2013, 12:46 AM
Yeh, we wouldn't want BoLS to be regarded as a site for helpful advice.

Teach a man to fish.....

maybe if we taught people how to find their own answers instead of treating the forum like an intelligent encyclopedia we wouldn't get the same stupid crap popping up every week.....

Magpie
08-01-2013, 12:58 AM
Yep because totally silent forums with no posts are far better than an active community that swaps views and information free of scorn.

daboarder
08-01-2013, 01:04 AM
did I say there was anything wrong with discussion? NO I DID NOT

I said getting a post that says "I'm to lazy to read, how do I play..." every week and distracting from the discussion, which you so value, is bad and should be discourage.

chicop76
08-01-2013, 01:05 AM
You could at least direct them to the page it's on. It is 10 pages of FAQ. Also some people have lives and children. At this moment I'm more focused with my next semester of school, my military tech training, and getting my kid ready for school. Not like I have al the time in the world to look up information, unless it's putting money in my pocket.

Denzark
08-01-2013, 02:38 AM
Hey DAB take a chill pill - howsabout if you feel the request below your intellect and time allocated to answer, you just don't chip in? You aren't annoyed by 'lazy' questions, the forum stays helpful. Winner?

SaveModifier
08-01-2013, 05:36 AM

I said getting a post that says "I'm to lazy to read, how do I play..." every week and distracting from the discussion, which you so value, is bad and should be discourage.

It only distracts from a discussion if you allow it to, which you did by flying out with the snark. Your post wasn't helpful or informative, Nabterayl's was, he included a link to the FAQ to help with any future questions.

This forum seems to want to grow bigger and be a friendly place but most users seem to want it to be their little clique and so try and scare out the new people. Grow up, its a forum.

Nabterayl
08-01-2013, 06:40 AM
It only distracts from a discussion if you allow it to, which you did by flying out with the snark. Your post wasn't helpful or informative, Nabterayl's was, he included a link to the FAQ to help with any future questions.

This forum seems to want to grow bigger and be a friendly place but most users seem to want it to be their little clique and so try and scare out the new people. Grow up, its a forum.
Not all of us think that chastising people for perceived laziness is an effective way to improve the internet. The lack of such sentiment used to be a conspicuous virtue of this rules forum.

Sly
08-01-2013, 09:08 AM
Not all of us think that chastising people for perceived laziness is an effective way to improve the internet. The lack of such sentiment used to be a conspicuous virtue of this rules forum.

Sir, how DARE you explain things? You should have just said: "virtue" and left the reader to do his own research!

Cactus
08-01-2013, 11:02 AM

Should every answer to a post in a rules question forum be: BRB or FAQ? The subhead of the forum is, "Need help with the 40K rules? This is the place to ask."

Also: Why do you seem to frequently get into arguments?

dreadnoughtguy
08-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Teach a man to fish.....

maybe if we taught people how to find their own answers instead of treating the forum like an intelligent encyclopedia we wouldn't get the same stupid crap popping up every week.....

I prefer the fire one ... its more accurate for the "helpfull" advice that is usually given arround here

droozy
08-01-2013, 01:07 PM
Faq

Dude, you're a douche bag. Just don't answer the question, you don't need to go out of your way to be a dick. You're a troll and don't bring anything to the discussion anyways except criticism of others. Obviously you don't care though, trolls are just too lame in real life so they have to try to make up for it by pretending to be cool on the internet. Leave this as a pleasurable forum to be on. Go be a turd somewhere else. No one likes you. Question though, what is the point of a rules forum? Just a place for overzealous wieners to make themselves feel better or is it actually a place to ask questions? Get a life you wanker

droozy
08-01-2013, 01:14 PM
thank you Nabterayl, I looked in the FAQ but it was late and I missed it. I appreciate the page number as well.

Nabterayl
08-01-2013, 02:28 PM
thank you Nabterayl, I looked in the FAQ but it was late and I missed it. I appreciate the page number as well.
Well next time, LOOK HARDER, YOU LAZY MAGGOT! ;)

Happy to help.

droozy
08-01-2013, 03:54 PM

Happy to help.

Sir yes sir!

Denzark
08-01-2013, 04:56 PM

Happy to help.

Ha - that spoonful of sugar helps the medicine, n'est pas?

SON OF ROMULOUS
08-01-2013, 06:29 PM
Or he could learn to stay off of a thread if he didn't feel like contrbuting. Some people don't always tote aroudn printed out PDF's or waste space on their smart phones to keep FAQ's.
Then there are the rest of us who when we have an answer to some one's question will try and answer it for them. I know i don't always hover around the latest FAQ"s and Errata's. Heck there are times (and we all know about those times) where we genuinely forget something or cannot remember where we saw something or it coudl be something he believed to be changed but wasn't sure if they had changed it or not. I mean seriously they do updates what once a quarter if we are lucky? So how about this If your going to act like a donkey don't bother posting don't bother reading and you will obviously be in a much better place. perhaps you need some zanex? or some other form or medication. For all you know the kid is 12 and just asked a question.

Nabterayl
08-01-2013, 06:45 PM
EDIT: removed for unnecessary discourtesy.

daboarder
08-01-2013, 07:09 PM
Would you princesses like to take some concrete and harden up?

Or should we drag out the bashin'

I mean if you don't want to contribute don't post right? Hypocrisy's a b*tch ain't it!

Cactus
08-01-2013, 09:52 PM

Or should we drag out the bashin'

I mean if you don't want to contribute don't post right? Hypocrisy's a b*tch ain't it!

Troll or don't; we don't care.

We'll carry on helping our fellow gamers and you can keep on being you.

daboarder
08-01-2013, 09:54 PM
I wouldn't have thought answering the bloke and telling him where to look was trolling....But whatever ya reckon mate!

Cactus
08-01-2013, 09:59 PM
I wouldn't have thought answering the bloke and telling him where to look was trolling....But whatever ya reckon mate!

Your original post, while curt, wasn't why people think you're a troll. I reckon it was your following post lambasting the poster who gave a more complete answer.

Gir
08-01-2013, 11:44 PM

You just went full bogan. Never go full bogan.

SON OF ROMULOUS
08-01-2013, 11:45 PM
It's okay i believe he suffer's from what would have previously been called beer muscles but has been replaced with the anomity that is the internet. His rude demeanor is due to the fact that he would never have to see any of us in person. I like to call it internetbadassery. Symptoms include rude behavior. teretts syndrome and a willingness to act or type like a jackass. The cure so far is unknown... i keep thinking about beating them all senseless with foam or wiffleball bats... test cases had the bats breaking before any real results were acheived. Other possible cures include simply Ignoring them when they pop up. strangely ostracizing them from polite conversation might just work.

I personally know i will always try to answer questions when i know the answer on here because i hope that the same courtsey is show when i have my own questions or rules conundrums.

jgebi
08-01-2013, 11:55 PM
I think we are feeding the troll here guys (should I put /Girls here?). Why dose everyone stop and feed the trolls -_- do we really need a DON'T FEED THE TROLLS sign?

daboarder
08-02-2013, 01:00 AM
Your original post, while curt, wasn't why people think you're a troll. I reckon it was your following post lambasting the poster who gave a more complete answer.

It was intended as a tongue in cheek post to a single forum member. Given that the question originally asked by the op had then been answered I figured thst would be it really. But the self righteous Internet weeds decidrd to have a dig....its particularly hillarious to be decried for some supposed anonimity, given my profile picture, by a man with only a name. Girs cutting witticism was also hillarious, I mean attacking a posters sophistication using an internet meme, what a intelligent retort. Its genius

zenBen
08-02-2013, 04:08 AM
Anybody who wears a wifebeater with aviator shades while flexing for a picture is definitely the hardest guy on the forum ;)

daboarder
08-02-2013, 04:12 AM
Haha see this is why stereotypes and playing them up is funny. Im a research chemist...and im not flexing :p

Tynskel
08-02-2013, 07:34 AM
Haha see this is why stereotypes and playing them up is funny. Im a research chemist...and im not flexing :p

zzing!