PDA

View Full Version : Battlefoam PACK 1520 extra 1/4" foam?

bob sprocket
11-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Howdee Y'all,

I'm down in australia and I'm looking at grabbing a 1520. However, the foam load-out it looks like i'd need is a 1/4" to large in each section (ie. 8 1/4" in the top, and 14 1/4" in the bottom section).
I've never seen one of the bags in person, as no one is Aus has forked out for the postage to get one shipped down here.

I'm hoping that someone who has a 1520 can let me know whether the extra quarter inch will fit, or if i'm going to need to rethink this idea?

I've also emailed battlefoam, but I haven't heard back from them, and don't really want to make an expensive, middle of the night phonecall.

Cheers for any help.

Nick

Eyespy
11-18-2009, 09:25 PM
Howdee Y'all,

I'm down in australia and I'm looking at grabbing a 1520. However, the foam load-out it looks like i'd need is a 1/4" to large in each section (ie. 8 1/4" in the top, and 14 1/4" in the bottom section).
I've never seen one of the bags in person, as no one is Aus has forked out for the postage to get one shipped down here.

I'm hoping that someone who has a 1520 can let me know whether the extra quarter inch will fit, or if i'm going to need to rethink this idea?

I've also emailed battlefoam, but I haven't heard back from them, and don't really want to make an expensive, middle of the night phonecall.

Cheers for any help.

Nick

I have a 1520, you can fit an extra 1/4" in the top bag without much trouble, but not in the lower layer, which is pretty snug.

For that to work however, you need to be sure you wont have any guns or other bits sticking out past the top of the foam. I have an number of bent lasgun bayonetts on my guardsmen because they don't quite fit.

Alternativley, IIRC BF does foam in 1/2" inciments now. Check to see if you really need a 4" tray or if a 3.5" would do (for example).