PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Guard w/ FW and Red Scorpion Allies

somerandomidiot
07-30-2013, 02:32 PM
I'm building this for GTs and other large events, the army is going to be Elysians themed on defending an airfield. I'm trying to avoid the army being a huge blob of guardsmen, as that doesn't really fit my idea of Elysians, but I'm open to suggestions. My allies will be Red Scorpions, most likely using the Space Marine rules (although I'm considering the Space Wolves book instead, for psychic defense). I love Severin Loth, as he's a psychic beatstick with Biomancy, but I'm not sure if I want to drop him in the pod with the Sternguard (as he won't be able to get off his blessings turn 1) or just keep him back with the guardsmen to move up and claim midfield objectives. Any thoughts?

Company Command Squad w/ Regimental Standard 75
Veteran Squad w/ 3 Meltaguns 100
Infantry Platoon
Platoon Command Squad 30
Infantry Squad w/ Autocannon 60
Infantry Squad w/ Autocannon 60
3 Sabre Defense Platforms w/ Autocannons 120
3 Sabre Defense Platforms w/ Autocannons 120
3 Sabre Defense Platforms w/ Lascannon 150
Vendetta Gunship 130
Vulture Gunship w/ Punisher Cannon 155
Vulture Gunship w/ Punisher Cannon 155
Aegis Defense Line w/ Comms Relay 70

Severin Loth 205
5 Scouts w/ Sniper Rifles 75
10 Sternguard Veterans in Drop Pod w/ 6 Combi-Meltas, 2 Combi-flamers, 2 Heavy Flamers 345

DarkLink
07-31-2013, 10:31 AM
I agree Loth would probably get shot down with the Sternguard, together they're enough of a threat your opponent will focus a lot on them. I don't know how much benefit you get from Biomancy if he's buried in a squad of Guardsmen, though. With all the powers he'd be a good counter assault unit, but does he bring anything else to the table?

I think your biggest difficulty would be grabbing your opponent's objective. Other than the Sternguard, you don't have too many units that can march forward and clear off a faraway objective. So I could see you having some games where your opponent would be able to hunker down on objectives and weather your fire for long enough to live, and they'd only really have to directly deal with the Sternguard and maybe the Veterans.

Also, you gotta find a way to fit your dune buggies in;). Those things are just such awesome models.