PDA

View Full Version : Berserker titles

Eberk
07-29-2013, 01:56 PM
Guys, I need your help...

I'm busy putting together a CSM Khorne warband which has its roots in the Horus Heresy (thus it was part of the World Eaters Legion until it tore itself apart and they became a warband)

The Warband will contain 2 Chaos Lords and I think they deserve titles...

My Iron Warriors have a Warsmith and an Over-Captain (from 'Siege of Castellax'), my Emperors Children have a Lord Commander and Captains (from 'Fulgrim') but how should I call my Khorne Lords ?

So, which title would a former Captain of the World Eaters Legion (and his second in command) use now he commands his own Warband.

PS: I posted this in the background forum because it really it just a fluff question.

Wolfshade
07-29-2013, 02:03 PM
The post heresy seem to have what ever random names/titles you like, such as the headsman krull, or kragoon gorefist, so perhaps have something like that. Skullcollector, Hearteater or some such.

Mr.Pickelz
07-29-2013, 10:52 PM
The "Axenator" Axe-n-a-tor As long as he is equiped with an axe of some kind. The Zufor model has one, and berserkers have the options for axes.

Scylla
07-30-2013, 07:45 AM
The old school game Myth II: Soulblighter had a Beserker unit that had randomized names with appropriate suffixes including gems like: 'Whose laughter stinks of killing', 'Who harvests the weak', 'Red arm', 'Of the singing steel'. A suitably grim dark personal name plus one of those ought to do it.

Necron2.0
07-30-2013, 08:06 AM
"Callipygous, the Callipygian."

I used that as a character name for D&D many moons ago.

MajorWesJanson
07-30-2013, 03:09 PM
Headtaker
Skull Champion
Lord Executioner

Daemonette666
07-30-2013, 07:43 PM
From reading up on the history of the World Eaters/ formerly the Warhounds, it seems they had 2 main ranks. Captains who commanded the Chapter size great companies, and Centurions who were lesser commanders who commanded smaller units of about 100 warriors or so.

Kharn is an example of a Captain as he commanded the World eaters elite 8th assault company.

Eberk
07-31-2013, 02:12 AM
That's good info Daemonette666. Where do you get that info from ? (which book, which publication,... )

I'm always interested in more background/history ;-)

Daemonette666
07-31-2013, 03:01 AM
I simply googled World Eaters officers ranks and chose the most apt result - the one I get the most data for 40K from. See link below:

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/World_Eaters

May the internet search be with you.

Eberk
08-01-2013, 01:09 AM
May the internet search be with you.

I need to train on my google-fu it seems...

Thanks for the link, that wiki contains tons of information I didn't knew existed

Xenith
08-03-2013, 12:07 PM
Spartan!

MajorWesJanson
08-06-2013, 05:30 PM
I need to train on my google-fu it seems...

Thanks for the link, that wiki contains tons of information I didn't knew existed

Be careful, Warhammer40K wiki tends to mix in fanon and fan art with actual real information

DarkLink
08-06-2013, 07:27 PM
Lord Slaughter the Murderinator.

Galgaroth
08-07-2013, 12:38 PM
I had a quick look in my Liber Chaotica to see what I could fin. "Manskinner" seemed good, but is more of a name than a title.