PDA

View Full Version : Prescience and characters leaving units?

NecronLord3
07-29-2013, 08:20 AM
Here is the situation: Coteaz is joined to a squad of Henchman and casts Presience on the unit. If during the movement phase Coteaz leaves the unit, who remains affected by Presience?

Mr.Pickelz
07-29-2013, 09:11 AM
It would depend on, who is the original target for the power? If it's Coteaz, then it would only affect him when he leaves. If it's the Henchmen, then Coteaz would not be affected when he leaves. Because, the only models affect by the spell is the ones pertainning to that unit (Henchmen) and when Coteaz leaves, he is no longer apart of that unit.

DarkLink
07-29-2013, 09:22 AM
No, actually. Prescience does not have to be the psyker's unit (Perfect Timing is an example of that). The blessing goes with one or the other, of your choice.

Patrick Boyle
07-29-2013, 09:55 AM
I don't have the book in front of me but the Independent Character section of the BRB covers exactly how this works. Someone with the book by them will want to look, but as I remember, if it's a power that targets a unit, if an IC leaves the target unit at the end of the movement phase, both the IC and the unit they were formerly attached to retain the buff/debuff.

Brian Wesley
07-29-2013, 10:38 AM
And to add to Patricks's statement if the IC joins a new unit the new unit does not gain the buff/debuff...clearly stated that in the BRB

Magpie
07-29-2013, 06:08 PM
Definitely what Pat and Brain said, the effects go with the IC and the squad when they split.