PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Version Three

chicop76
07-28-2013, 06:26 PM
After reading some reports and taking a break on 40k I decided to saty with pure Tau for now. I am waiting for the Farsight codex and in the future I may run Eldar allies. For now this is what I decided to go with.

My Tau List

-HQ-
Ethereal: filter
Commander: Puretide Chip, Multi-Suite, C&C node, Iridium Armour, and Stimilant
Body Guard: 2 fusion guns

-Elites-
Riptide: Ion, Fusion, Early Warning
Crisis Suit: 2 fusion guns

-Troops-
10 firewarriors
10 firewarriors
10 firewarriors
15 sniper kroot
14 sniper kroot

-Fast-
4 pathfinders
4 pathfinders
4 pathfinders

-Heavy-
3 Broadsides: Railguns, 6 Missile Drones
Skyray, smart
Sniper Team: 2x spotters, 6 x sniper drones

This is my revamped list. My two solo suits will deep strike and fusion select targets. My ethereal has the option to join the sniper team depending who I fight and if night fight becomes an issue.

I added more troops, drop a few pathfinders, I added the sniper team, and dropped the hammerhead.

I kept what has worked for me in the past. Also I added t5 and +2 save to my commander and feel no pain. The reason I did this is to help keep my sides up and running a lot longer.

I am not really losing much. I drop a suit, and a tank and gain 10 fire warriors, 6 sniper drones, and 2 spooters with more armor on my HQ.

I was seriously thinking of adding another riptide, but I think two is enough. Also had thought about adding another broadside team, but opted for the snipers instead.

chicop76
08-27-2013, 06:53 AM
After reading some reports and taking a break on 40k I decided to saty with pure Tau for now. I am waiting for the Farsight codex and in the future I may run Eldar allies. For now this is what I decided to go with.

My Tau List

-HQ-

-Elites-

-Troops-
10 firewarriors
10 firewarriors
10 firewarriors
15 sniper kroot
14 sniper kroot

-Fast-
4 pathfinders
4 pathfinders
4 pathfinders

-Heavy-
Skyray, smart

This is my revamped list. My two solo suits will deep strike and fusion select targets. My ethereal has the option to join the sniper team depending who I fight and if night fight becomes an issue.

I added more troops, drop a few pathfinders, I added the sniper team, and dropped the hammerhead.

I kept what has worked for me in the past. Also I added t5 and +2 save to my commander and feel no pain. The reason I did this is to help keep my sides up and running a lot longer.

I am not really losing much. I drop a suit, and a tank and gain 10 fire warriors, 6 sniper drones, and 2 spooters with more armor on my HQ.

I was seriously thinking of adding another riptide, but I think two is enough. Also had thought about adding another broadside team, but opted for the snipers instead.

After looking hard at my list I am thinking of adding the bomber and long shot hammer head to my list. Which means I will drp the skyray and the two melta suits.

I like the ray, but since only they ray can shoot it's missiles it kinda defeats the purpose of me taking the ray in the first place. I may haveto drop a few other units to fit the hammerhead and flyer into my list. Also want to get atleast 2 squads of pathfinders of 6 in my list as well.

I may make cuts on my +2 armour commander, so far I didn't come across a situation where he is needed as of yet. I am playing with the thought of dropping my troops for a transport as well.

However I will play test my changes and see how it works out.

chicop76
08-27-2013, 06:54 AM

My Tau List

-HQ-

-Elites-

-Troops-
10 firewarriors
10 firewarriors
10 firewarriors
15 sniper kroot
14 sniper kroot

-Fast-
4 pathfinders
4 pathfinders
4 pathfinders

-Heavy-
Skyray, smart

After looking hard at my list I am thinking of adding the bomber and long shot hammer head to my list. Which means I will drp the skyray and the two melta suits.

I like the ray, but since only they ray can shoot it's missiles it kinda defeats the purpose of me taking the ray in the first place. I may haveto drop a few other units to fit the hammerhead and flyer into my list. Also want to get atleast 2 squads of pathfinders of 6 in my list as well.

I may make cuts on my +2 armour commander, so far I didn't come across a situation where he is needed as of yet. I am playing with the thought of dropping my troops for a transport as well.

However I will play test my changes and see how it works out.