PDA

View Full Version : Fighting against Obliterators

Duke
11-17-2009, 12:37 PM
So, I am about to play someone who runs 5-9 Oblits... I play Marines/ Blood Angels. What I was looking for is tips on beating armies with lots of Oblits cause I haven't had much experience against them.

Thanks

Duke

Lindargo
11-17-2009, 01:19 PM
The answer most people will give you is probably: Plasma Weapons.
I personally have had oblits taken down by bolter fire... :confused:
Otherwise a Vindicator is alays a good idea, Instant Death (they CAN fail that invunerable save!)
Hope this helps,
Lindargo,

Duke
11-17-2009, 01:49 PM
I was thinking:

1. Command squad with all Plasma guns with attatched Librarian who has Null Zone and gate of infinity

2. 2x Vindicators

3. massed bolter fire

He also runs a chosen squad with 5x melta guns (Or something like that) he then outflanks them. Ideas to counter?

Duke

person person
11-17-2009, 03:39 PM
I think that should do the trick. Edit: Below sound like a better idea

Does this guy run 5-9 oblits with some sort of Lash?

Okidus
11-17-2009, 04:11 PM
So, I am about to play someone who runs 5-9 Oblits... I play Marines/ Blood Angels. What I was looking for is tips on beating armies with lots of Oblits cause I haven't had much experience against them.

Thanks

Duke

If you are playing BA's an assault squad w hidden fist should be all you need. They auto-die whereas the plasma will only net a single wound. spend one turn jumping behind cover and the second jumping into them. beware of plasma cannon blast.

The Vind is a bad idea since you only have 24+6 range, whereas the Oblits have 48 las, and most likely a 4+ cover save.

RocketRollRebel
11-17-2009, 04:51 PM
Vas w/Dante and a pair of melta guns make for a nice start before you assault them with multiple power weps. The aforementioned vindy or two also does a nice job along with las cannons and other low ap at weps.

DarkLink
11-17-2009, 07:41 PM
Meltaguns and hidden powerfists work well.

Lascannons (particularly Godhammer Land Raiders) work fantastically, too. Tri-las predators would probably hurt them a lot too, as long as they don't deepstrike in.

Edit: pretty much anything that can put out multiple Str 8+ shots/attacks that ignore armor will work wonders.

Earthen
11-18-2009, 08:48 AM
just be sure that, whatever youre using to counter, 5-9 lascannon shots on turn 1 wont leave you high and dry without a solution.

AsgeirArnald
11-18-2009, 09:36 AM
I've only played against oblits one time, but my 4 lascannon shots took care of 3 of them pretty well. Took out 2 of them turn one and finished off the last turn 2.

Cruor Vault
11-18-2009, 10:54 AM
I am going to second the Assault Squad with a Fist option. Seems like the cheapest way to go, also it won't force you to deviate from your normal list very much!

Grabnutz
11-18-2009, 01:30 PM
As a Chaos General who regularly uses Obliterators, putting Armour in your rear areas in order to kill my boys helps me win in two ways:
1. You not shooting something far more important.
2. You're giving me lots of points to shoot at.

The best tactic used against me is a counter-attack unit made up of very cheap troops (SM Scouts, Eldar Guardians, Gretchin, Imperial Guard Conscripts) with one hidden powerfist/klaw/sword/whatever. Mob the Obliterator and pin him down in Close Combat until you can hit him with the powerfist.

Thus you don't lose or divert good troops and you neutralize the problem.

DarkLink
11-18-2009, 05:45 PM
That's why LR's are useful, because they can be doing something else, and just machine-spirit a lascannon or multi-melta at the obliterators.

Duke
11-18-2009, 10:55 PM
Yea but I don't think I want to runa lr it's like a giant target

Katie Drake
11-18-2009, 11:31 PM
This is one of the times that a Blood Angel player wants to include a few lascannons in their army. Personally I've always found lascannons to be the best way to deal with Obliterators, though multi-melta shots from Attack Bikes can work, too.

Duke
11-18-2009, 11:38 PM
was thinking about attack bikes cause they can insta kill an obit but can't be hurt as bad by the plasma... Though the other choices (mm and lascannon) can fry a attack bike

so fa I like the librarian and plasma gun command squad.

DarkLink
11-19-2009, 01:19 AM
Yea but I don't think I want to runa lr it's like a giant target

Then take 3 :D