PDA

View Full Version : Mech Eldar at 2001, 1850, 1500 levels

zenBen
07-28-2013, 04:59 AM
If anybody has an opinion on the list, or suggestions of what it would be weak against, I'd love to hear em!

This list is an attempt at mechdar based around a core of Mech Wraith: 2 Wraith squads in Wave Serpents. Thus the different levels just add interesting complementary extras to this core: beyond the initial purchases required for the core, I didn't really have a strong driver on what I should take, other than what models I own.

The list is geared towards board ownership. Everything that rides in Serpents (Seer attached to Avengers) represents a small mobile castle. I can place it wherever I need - by turn two it can be threatening anything within 54" of starting position. If I want to use that to play refused flank, I can try to use outflanking WarWalkers to back up the redeployment. As for the rest, I can punish anything that gets caught out on its own with Spiders, contest objectives from almost anywhere with bikes, destroy (at least a limited amount of) armour up close or far away with Hawks & Prism, pin and obstruct hordes or blobs with the Spinner. What am I worried about? Mostly, about screwing up my own moves, forgetting to use key strengths with the large amount of special rules, etc

HQ
Spiritseer
Warlock, jetbike, singing spear x 2

T
Wraithguard, D-scythes x 5
Wave Serpent, Holo, TL S.Laser

Wraithblades x 5
Wave Serpent, Holo, TL S.Laser

Dire Avengers x 10
Wave Serpent, Holo

Windriders x 4, Shurican

Windriders x 4, Shurican

Rangers x 7

FA
Swooping Hawks x 6
Warp Spiders x 5

HS
War Walkers, BL, SL x 3

Fire Prism, Holofields

Night Spinner, CTM

The total is 2001. To get to 1850, remove the Night Spinner and 1 Windrider Shurican. To get to 1500, further remove War Walkers, Swooping Hawks and Holofields on all Serpents.