PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen in August WD

DavidDraper
07-25-2013, 09:10 AM
For some reason, my WD arrived in the mail a few days early, and its lizerdmen on the cover. Images are below.

Battle report is Lizardmen vs. Tomb Kings (since Lizardmen are on the cover, guess who wins?)

Armchair General is about Duncan Rhodes's Bretonnian army

Battle Ground is a photo spread of an urban 40k Apoc table

Hall of fame is the Dark Eldar Tantalus

Making Monsters is about modeling lizardmen models

Parade ground is 40k/30k

Kit Bash are some cool Chaos Marine customizations

Plaint Splatter is painting Lizardmen and their mounts, and painting the Apoc Table buildings in Battle Ground

The Lizardmen that are on pre-order will be released on August 3rd.

Cap'nSmurfs
07-25-2013, 09:15 AM
Thanks a bunch for this, man. Lovely to see the new lee-zards~

(**** yeah! KROQ-GAR!)

Cactus
07-25-2013, 09:25 AM
Thanks for sharing!

I'm not a fan of the blue lizardmen, but now we get a more blue-green hued lizardman and those carnasaur options/variants look fantastic!

lattd
07-25-2013, 09:58 AM
Carnasaur looks a lot better in the new pics, still prefer the old one but these look a lot bigger.

AlwaysALighthouse
07-25-2013, 11:32 AM
Are there any points values given in the battle report?

EDIT: PM me if you don't want to post them.

Merellin
07-25-2013, 12:59 PM
Hehe.. Is that a transformers reference? Kroq-Gar is riding on a giant carnosaur called Grymloq. While in Transformers the leader of the Dinobots is a similar looking giant dinosaur (Exept a robot) called Grimlock.. XD

Cap'nSmurfs
07-25-2013, 01:53 PM
Yeah, it is. The Lizardmen names are almost universally bad jokes and references. :)

DavidDraper
07-25-2013, 02:13 PM
AlwaysALighthouse- speaking of references, I like the name.

No point values or anything strategic in the battle report. Its very narrative, as GW is wont to do these days.

Merellin
07-25-2013, 02:37 PM
I'm realy looking forwards to the new Lizardmen army book, I wanted to play them for ages but my gaming group quit fantasy a few years back and only played 40k since, But now they are slowly returning to fantasy, Just in time for the new codex. ^_^ I also bought a Slann, Stegadon, 2 Salamanders with handlers, a Skink standard bearer, A skink priest on cold one, Loads of skinks and loads of sauruses for 25 USD (Old old models, Ugly, But a cheep way to start ^_^)

Sorry! I'l stop being off topic now! XD

bobrunnicles
07-26-2013, 08:20 AM
Very nice pics, great clarity! Any chance of posting some of the Bastiladon?