PDA

View Full Version : 1750 point flesh tearer semi-competitive list

soulpwner12
07-25-2013, 12:12 AM
hello all, ive been toying with a flesh tearer army for fluff and as just a fun army to use so without further delay, here is my list so far:

HQ= chapter master gabriel seth 160pts

Elites= 3 sanguinary priests with jump packs 225pts (to lead the 3 squads of assault mehreens)

Troops= 10 assault marines 225pts
-jump packs
-2 meltas
-sarg w/ power fist
10 assault marines 225pts
-jump packs
-2 meltas
-sarg w/ power fist
10 assault marines 225pts
-jump packs
-2 meltas
-sarg w/ power fist
9 death company all with CCW (chainsword and bolt pistol) in a drop pod (with seth) 235pts

Fast attack=2 baal predator with twin-linked assault cannons and flamer sponsons 290pts

Heavy support=1 vindicator 145pts

so it all comes in at 1730pts but im still not quite convinced it well do "ok" tips?

Wolfshade
07-25-2013, 02:02 AM
Welcome aboard soulpwner12 :)

What I would do I would try and tweak the lsit to free up enough points for a chaplain or reculsiarch to lead the death company. It is one of the best combos in the game, giving you the ability to re-roll to hit and to wound on the turn you charge.

While I do like flamer sponsons, I find that they are too short ranged so I need to get my tank close to the enemy for them to work, which means that if they do survive the torrent of fire they then are going to be assaulted.

The vindicator is one of my favourite BA tanks, indeed I rarely leave home without one (or two)

soulpwner12
07-25-2013, 10:51 AM
Welcome aboard soulpwner12 :)

What I would do I would try and tweak the lsit to free up enough points for a chaplain or reculsiarch to lead the death company. It is one of the best combos in the game, giving you the ability to re-roll to hit and to wound on the turn you charge.

While I do like flamer sponsons, I find that they are too short ranged so I need to get my tank close to the enemy for them to work, which means that if they do survive the torrent of fire they then are going to be assaulted.

The vindicator is one of my favourite BA tanks, indeed I rarely leave home without one (or two)

thanks so much for welcoming me here :D i do agree that having a reculsiarch would be good to have with the DC, its just if i did that im not quite sure wut to take out, or where to put seth for that matter. i could drop one of the priests as 2 6" FnP radii(?) would be good enough as long as i keept the 3rd squad close. about the flamer sponsons i completely agree they are mainly there just in case i get assault be say a power fist in which case i can take him out b4 he gets to me

Edit: if i did get rid of a priest id still be 35pts short of a reclusiarch....hmmmmm...new idea! could drop a baal pred(sad face) and get a reclusiarch with p-fist to boot as well as keeping all my FnP

Wolfshade
07-25-2013, 12:12 PM
Chaplains are cheaper than Reculsiarch and still give the same bonuses :)

It is radius as there is just one ;)

Hopefully with the Baal being fast you should keep it out of charge range.

soulpwner12
07-25-2013, 12:17 PM
lol completely forgot about chaplain :P so if i drop a priest and i could take off one of the sarg's p-fists on the assault squads to free up just enough pts to take the chaplain. (and il change the flamer spons to heavy bolters) that still leaves the matter of where to put seth....

Wolfshade
07-25-2013, 12:27 PM
Without a jump pack he'll probably have to ride with the DC.

soulpwner12
07-25-2013, 12:29 PM
Without a jump pack he'll probably have to ride with the DC.

thats what i thought. was unaware that 11ppl could be in a pod all together. still new to blood angels(and space marines in general)

Wolfshade
07-25-2013, 12:33 PM
Seth can be great, though if he is singled out in a challenge I think he looses his edge, so you might want to determine what is best either having him fight challenges or the chaplain.

SON OF ROMULOUS
07-25-2013, 03:07 PM
one thing you can do is drop all 3 fists and take axe's it will free up some points and honestly you'll still be able to kill termies with the ap2 of the axe and it saves you some points. you can always put seth and a chaplain with the drop poding death company :) That would give you some options without losing to much of your combat potential. the other thing you could do it maybe tweak the points and load out a little bit to try and include some power weapon with in that death company squad 1-2 works very well.

soulpwner12
07-25-2013, 05:16 PM
thanks all for the suggestions and help with this new army. i tweaked it around a bit and for fun purposes i am trying to include an honor guard squad to go along with seth instead of the DC. i know this isnt the competitive choice but it is certainly more fluffy :D i have about 235pts to mess with so how could i kit them out? i want a chapter banner for sure though!

Edit: ignore this. most flesh tearers are DC anyways so might as well keep it killy and fluffy. thx again all! :) (still wish i could have a chapter banner though)

T4play
11-24-2013, 03:13 AM
Hope your enjoying your games with your list . . some good advice above especially a reclusiarch / chaplain with DC what are flesh tearers are missing in 6th ed is shooting . . close combat is difficult . unless you reliably get there . . here's my 1500 list . . yes it moves away from the fluff a bit . . . but gives me shooting, some anti tank (light/ dred etc) monsterous creature killing, but most of all a chance for my DC to get there . . they are far more worried about the three Baals knocking on the side armour when they infiltrate,or scout (depending what I'm playing against) . . as a by the by the flamestorm Baal gets battered, soon as it totally toasts a ten man unit, or even better a bike squad :-) . . the assault cannon/ heavy bolter ones tend to attract less attention which is good while they are dealing out 20 shots a turn 8 of which are rending!!!
Rhino Razor (1495pts)

+ HQ + (135pts)

* Reclusiarch (135pts) (always put this guy or a chappie with DC)
Melta Bombs (5pts)
* Power Armour
Bolt Pistol

+ Elites + (70pts)
* Sanguinary Priest (70pts) rides with assault squad both squads stay close along with Tacs (as long as one from each is within 6")
* Power Armour (20pts)
Bolt Pistol, Melta Bombs (5pts), Power Weapon (15pts)

+ Troops + (885pts)

* Assault Squad (185pts) objective catchers
4x Assault Marines (72pts), Meltagun (10pts)
* Razorback (55pts)
Twin Linked Assault Cannon (35pts)
* Veteran Sergeant (48pts)

* Assault Squad (185pts) objective catchers
4x Assault Marines (72pts), Meltagun (10pts)
* Razorback (55pts)
Twin Linked Assault Cannon (35pts)
* Veteran Sergeant (48pts)

* Death Company (290pts) squad Killing machines
5x Bolt Pistol, 4x Bolter, 5x Chainsword, 9x Death Company Marine (180pts), 4x Power Sword (60pts), Rhino (50pts)

* Tactical Squad (225pts) fire support / melta's for tank busting (even out of the Rhino fire point's)
Meltagun (5pts), Multi Melta, Rhino (50pts), 9x Tactical Marine (144pts)
* Veteran Sergeant (26pts)
Bolter, Chainsword

+ Fast Attack + (405pts)

* Baal Predator (115pts)
Flamestorm Cannon

* Baal Predator (145pts)
Heavy Bolters (30pts), Twin Linked Assault Cannon

* Baal Predator (145pts)
Heavy Bolters (30pts), Twin Linked Assault Cannon