PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Horde Chaos w/ Deamons, could this work? w/ tactics

BloodoaK-
07-21-2013, 11:06 PM
Hello, This is an idea I've been working on for a while. The idea is lots of cheap troops with enhancing/debuffing psykers. See tactics below. Thanks!

++ HQ ++

Herald of Tzeentch - ML 3 (divination), Locus of Conjuration (+1S psychic shooting) - 120

Chaos Sorcerer - MoS, Steed of Slaanesh, ML 3, Spell familiar, 4++, blight grenades, force sword, melta bombs - 195

Chaos Sorcerer - ML3, Spell Familiar, Melta bombs - 130

++ TROOPS ++

14x Daemonettes - alluress - 131

18x Pink Horrors - 162

20x Cultist w/ auto gun, 2x flamer - 117

30x Cultist w/ Mark of Slaanesh, 3x flamer - 175

++ FAST ATTACK ++

Helldrake w/ baleflamer - 170

Helldrake w/ Hades autocannon - 170

++ HEAVY SUPPORT ++

2x Obliterators - MoN

2x Obliterators - MoN

1x Obliterator - MoN

++ FORTIFICATION ++

Aegis w/ Quadgun - 100

TOTAL: 1850

== TACTICS ==

- Slaanesh sorcerer outflanks(thanks to steed) with the 30 MoS cultists. Sorcerer will roll on slaanesh powers, and most likely biomancy, depending on circumstances(though i love almost all of the slaanesh powers, strong buffs and debuffs works well with this unit). Cultists come on and attempt to sweep across enemy deployment zone/cause a really big distraction that will have to be dealt with.

- Herald of Tzeentch deploys with the pink horrors behind aegis and mans the quad gun(bonus points if I roll perfect timing). Rolls on Divination. This squad sits back and shoots S6 shots at whatever(infantry, light vehicles, MCs, even flyers with prescience), goes to ground for 2+ rerollable cover. My main objective campers.

-Unmarked Sorcerer goes with the smaller autogun cultists, deploys behind aegis and moves for mid ground objectives turn 2 or 3. This sorcerer will probably be my warlord as this unit is the smallest threat and will be at a safe distance most of the game. Roll biomancy/whatever - cast spells.

-Daemonettes - May march infront of cultists providing cover, or Deepstrike. I wish i could get an Icon on my outflanking squad :(. Killier cc unit, probably will try to take on the harder stuff. Will be used to catch anything heading towards my deployment, along with autogun cultists. alluress for sacrificial challenges.

- Hell drakes kill anything and everything and keep this list from sucking. (half joking). I am tempted to use both with hades cannon as the added high str shooting could be what i need, and I can always vector strike marines dead. Almost everything I have is geared for anti infantry anyways. Plus I hate flyers and more anti flyer is always good.

- Obliterators - Squeezed as many as I could at the end. My main source of ranged firepower besides drakes, quadgun, and pink horrors/ spells.
split them up for target diversity/saturation. Flexible as i can deepstrike 1 or 2, or deploy normally. Depending on the situation. Will probably deepstrike 1 with my outflanking cultists for a little support. Once again wishing i had an icon up there.

One thing i like is the lack of vehicles (besides flyers) that the opponent can use his AV weapons against. And the large amount of anti infantry firepower he will need to take out all of these models(which I find is rare). On the flip side, I think this list will be awesome against other hordes, with all the buffs and debuffs, slaanesh tarpit killing power. And will have a hard time against mech heavy lists/flyer spam and lots of tough infantry. Mobility is also a bit of an issue, but with careful planning i should be able to overcome that. There are alot of random variables that could really make or break the game. But all in all I think this list will be alot of fun to play, and I would definately like to bring to a tournament to see how it does.

Anyways please rip into this list and let me know of all the strengths and weaknesses that i should look out for, as well as how i could mitigate my weaknesses. I avoided chaos lords with fearless for my cultists because i like the flexibility of being able to go to ground (and still cast powers) and I think ld10 from the sorcerers will be okay. Definately worried about Ion riptides and vindicators killing my sorcerers though!

Thanks for reading! please reply!

chicop76
07-29-2013, 03:32 PM
I need sleep, but I like the list. It's not like everyone else. I think you should take the book that creates spells a turn.

SON OF ROMULOUS
07-29-2013, 08:36 PM
Drop the hades on the drake its honestly not worth it the flamer is much better and if your vector striking you can use that for anti armour and have the flamer roast infantry.

might consider dropping the single oblit and using his points to max out those squad sizes. would provide more boddies and honestly one oblit shooting wont make or break your list.