PDA

View Full Version : Farseer Bel-Annath question

Lost Vyper
07-21-2013, 05:52 AM
This might be a stupid question, but here it goes anyway...
Does he have to have the specific powers from the IA 11 -book (Eldritch Storm, Fortune, Mind War) or can he be used as Mastery lvl 3 psyker? I´m really in to trying him in some 1500-1850p matches and use his FOC, to get 3 x 3 Walkers + Wraithknight or Fire Prism...:D

Lightcavalier
07-21-2013, 06:15 AM
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/p/Psykers.pdf

Right hand collumn, first entry

Hes an ML 2 Psyker with 3 powers

Tyrendian
07-21-2013, 06:49 AM
well that's kinda outdated... wouldn't give too much about that personally (FW is abysmally slow in updating anything sadly except if they can sell it as a new book like Taros Campaign vol.2)
If I were your opponent, I'd let you use him as a regular farseer powers-wise (i.e. Mastery 3 and access to the normal disciplines) and his usual rules on everything else... probably best to just ask your opponent beforehand how he/she wants to handle that...

Dark Severen
07-21-2013, 07:11 AM
I emailed the same question to FW a couple of weeks ago, here is their reply:

Hi,
Thank you for your email. We do intend to produce an update to IA 11, Doom of Mymeara, to bring it in line with the new Eldar codex. However, until this is released, we suggest you use the following for Bel-Annath,

1. Make him Psychic Mastery 3, like a standard Farseer
2. Generate 3 Psychic powers from the new Eldar Codex
3. The rest of his special abilities and wargear stays the same.

I assumed they also meant he could still generate from Pyromancy, Telepathy and Divination tables as per his ruling.

Lost Vyper
07-21-2013, 11:04 AM
Pyromancy?! Awesome! Thanks for the info, i will use him as stated above...

Dalleron
07-21-2013, 01:19 PM
pyromancy? Unless I've missed something eldar don't have access to that discipline.

Archon Charybdis
07-21-2013, 08:20 PM
pyromancy? Unless I've missed something eldar don't have access to that discipline.

Bel-Annath does.

Dalleron
07-22-2013, 01:41 AM
Dang, a ML 3 psyker with 3 pyro powers. Spicy.

Dark Severen
07-22-2013, 02:08 AM
Dang, a ML 3 psyker with 3 pyro powers. Spicy.

In my haste to copy/paste the email I neglected to add my follow up email about Farseer Allies. Forgeworld confirmed you are allowed to have Farseer Allies in an army led by Bel-Annath. Bel & Eldrad bro-fisting goodness... Spicy just got spicier! :)

Tyrendian
07-22-2013, 03:22 AM
yummy! hope FW gets going sometime and actually puts that update out! although GW is still lazy as ever and has us waiting for a much needed FAQ as well *sigh*

Archon Charybdis
07-22-2013, 03:15 PM
In my haste to copy/paste the email I neglected to add my follow up email about Farseer Allies. Forgeworld confirmed you are allowed to have Farseer Allies in an army led by Bel-Annath. Bel & Eldrad bro-fisting goodness... Spicy just got spicier! :)

That's a peculiar ruling, and might be something people object to. There is no Mymeara Craftworld list--it's not like Bel-Annath is part of a different army or variant list like the Corsairs are, he's just an Eldar unit. It'd be like a Space Marine player taking Calgar as an "ally" to his Space Marine army list. That said, there's already no reason you couldn't field Bel-Annath and Eldrad, they're single HQ choices in the same army.

Aramel
07-22-2013, 04:08 PM
Bel-Annath's rules specifically say that no other Farseer can be taken. The customer rep was possibly unaware of this rule, but yes, all non-Corsair units from FW are considered Codex:Eldar. A good question is whether Iyanden counts as a different codex for allying purposes. My guess is no.

magickbk
07-22-2013, 04:45 PM
A good question is whether Iyanden counts as a different codex for allying purposes. My guess is no.

An interesting question, given what has been said regarding Farsight Enclaves being BB to Codex: Tau Empire.

Dark Severen
07-22-2013, 05:15 PM
Bel-Annath's rules specifically say that no other Farseer can be taken. The customer rep was possibly unaware of this rule, but yes, all non-Corsair units from FW are considered Codex:Eldar. A good question is whether Iyanden counts as a different codex for allying purposes. My guess is no.

Bear in mind that IA:11 was released before 6th when the ally matrix didn't exist... But it is all a bit of a mess at the moment, especially with the Iyanden Supplement and given there are older IA books that could do with updating I'm just going with what's been emailed to me from FW themselves until such time as IA:11 is updated or at least given an FAQ.

I may just throw FW an email concerning Iyanden (I'm eagerly awaiting Ulthwe though) but I would certainly have no objections with someone using Iyanden as Allies for Corsairs (or vice versa).