PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Tau/Eldar. Need Refinement

WarHammerman
07-15-2013, 09:10 PM
Hello everyone.

I have here a fantastic "Deathstar" army - that has proven to be very hard to beat.

However, the points aren't fully spent- and I'm sure this could be made better.

So, here's what I got.

Basic Info:

(Detachment 1)
Commander Farsight

+ "Commander Shieldborn" (working nickname)
w/ Airbursting Fragmentation Launcher, Cyclic Ion Blaster, Stimulant Injector, Shield Generator, Neuroweb System Jammer, Onager Gauntlet, Puretide Engram Neurochip and XV8-02 Chrisis Iridum Battlesuit.
+ x2 Gun Drones

+ 7 Bodyguards
1 w/ TL-Burst Cannon, Vectored Retro-Thrustsers, Command & Control Node, Multi-Spectrum Sensor Suit
2 w/ 2 Fusion Blasters & Target Lock
2 w/ 2 Missile Pods & Target Lock
2 w/ 2 Plasma Rifle & Target Lock
+ w/ 2 Gun Drones for each.

Riptide
w/ TL-Fusion Blaster & Ion Accelerator + Early Warning Override & Stimulant Injector

x2 Fire Warrior Team
w/ x6 Fire Warriors (either weapon)

(Detachment 2)
Commander Shadowsun
+ 2 Shield Drones

+ Commander "Swarmlord"
w/ Airbursting Fragmentation Launcher, Cyclic Ion Blaster, Target Lock & Drone Controller
+ 2 Gun Drones

Riptide
w/ TL-Fusion Blaster & Ion Accelerator + Early Warning Override & Stimulant Injector

x2 Fire Warrior Team
w/ x6 Fire Warrior (either weapon)

Aegis Defense Line

---------Allied Detachments---------

2 Eldar Farseers on Jetbikes
/w Singing Spears, Runes of Witnessing

2 Windrider Jetbike Squad
(3man) no upgrades.

---Tactica---

*If "Farsight" is used as Warlord, then they can get a Deep Strike w/o Scatter. Jet-Pack movement at the end to prevent deep-strike pie-plate disaster.

*If "Shadowsun" is used as Warlord, then they get 3d6 Post-Assault move for the Jet-Pack Infantry.

"Shadowsun" gives the whole unit Stealth & Shrouding.

The "Twin-linked Burst" Bodyguard's "Vectored Thrusters" gives the whole squad Hit & Run (it is contagious). And he has both systems that says "Instead of shooting" - one says "Make all your squads weapons twin-linked" (not on an overwatch) - the other says "all shooting attacks gain "Ignores Cover") - and cannot be used at the same time as the other.

"Shieldborn"'s systems assures that in close-combat, he and Farsight are toe-to-toe.

"Swarmlord" makes sure all the Gun Drones fire at his BS of 5.

The Target Locks on the bodyguards allows them to fire on separate targets then the main body. This is also true for one of Shadowsuns Fusion Blasters.

Actual Tactica
Join the Farseers into the Battlesuit Blob- allowing them to use the Psyker powers for the good of the squad:
- Divination, Runes of Fate, and Telepathy is the 3 I'm thinking of using.

Use the Eldar Jetbikes to pick off stragglers, and 'cleanup' crew. Maybe "last minute objective grab"

The fire-warriors will bunker down behind the Aegis line to start, only wandering out to capture objectives when the path has been cleared by the Battle Suits.

The big battle-suit swarm will move as one, and attempt to destroy everything near or at objectives to make the path clear for the Fire-Warriors. Their combined strength is great, and has a variety of ranges that it is affective against.

If positioned properly "Shieldborn" can 'tank' most of the attacks, and those that he does not can be "Look Out Sir!" 'd by drones, automatically.

The riptides will stay back and be long-range support/artillery. With their own systems, they should prove to be hard targets. Stimulant Injectors added, to protect against poor rolls for the Accelerator.

As it stands, the list is now: 2463 / 2500

WarHammerman
07-17-2013, 05:45 AM
If I drop 2 drones from one of the commanders, and the drones from Shadowsun, and the shining spears from the Eldar Farseers, I can get in 2 more squads of Fire Warriors. How does that sound?

chicop76
07-17-2013, 07:00 AM
I don't see why you are even bothering with fire warriors with your army dynamics. You will be better off running Kroot snipers. That way you have like 1 or two units on the board doing deployment. Than you can infiltrate or deep strike.

Honestly I would drop the aegis since you really don't need it. You do not have a lot of troops. You can get more troops. By infiltrating you can pop on objectives and almost apear where you want your guys, or you have the option to outflank with them. I have farsight bomb with kroot and it works really well.

If you switch to kroot you may want to take a support system that allows for outflankers to come from any board edge the bearer is 6" from, so you can have units outflanking from the enemies rear.

The farsight bomb can infiltratre and out flank as well.

Personally I been giving my riptides earlywarining and the gear that allows for accurate outflanking. Out of like 30+ games I only lost my riptides 3 times and that's me wounding myself more than the enemy does in about 50% of my games. Even in hard fought tournaments I never lost both my tides. I think personally they do not need the feel no pain, maybe one yes, but you really do not need it on two. They are hard to kill anyway.

Giving your missile suits the ability to sky fire wouldn't be a bad ideal. However the way you are running your suits you may have to do missle, velocity, and target. I run broadsides t deal with anti air and skyrays. However I ran 3 suits with 12 missile shots with al skyfire and they can get the job done, I like the suits since it is extra anti air.

The multi and the c&c works together it says so on both discriptions. You need to read that again, so you can have twin liked shooting and ignore cover.

I run a smaller bomb since I play 1850. With mine I use marker drones instead of gun drones, but in your case it's not worth doing. I have way more units than you do which make it a more viable option for me.

I would keep the drones. I fought a similar build in a tournament except he a had a libby terminator with them. He didn't deep strike since I left only the center of my depolyment open for deep strike and an ethereal and a squad of 11 fire warrior in the middle as bait. Needless to say he din't fall for it. I think my 2 riptides was a strong deterant as well. Not to mentiom everything else which I had a lot of strength 8 in my army.

What I did notice was with 2 rounds of shooting with my railsides, 1 riptide, and my skyray I wasted the whole squad. I didn't even bother firing my entire army into them. The first round was to kill all the drones he had and the second round killed all the suits. The first round weakened his toughness 5 +2 save suit which a second round was all that was needed to kill them all. Also I almost forgot. I had 4 fusion and 4 missiles shooting second round from one of my crisis suits and 6 marker lights from pathfinders shooting two rounds. Needles to say he didn't get cover saves at all. Also you got to love strength 8 ap 2 pie plates, although I had to switch to the ordance shot one round to save on marker light usage. Love barage shots for units hiding behind cover. Another reason ageis can be a waste of points.

The only problem I see is the same problem my opponent had. I overpowered the rest of his army quite easy and was able to easily deal with the blob. However the fact he failed his morale check in round one really helped. He rolled high the entire game, good thing I ignored most of his saving. I killed his riptide really quick with 30 sniper kroot shooting at bs 5, a hammerhead, my other riptide, and my broadside rail guns.

Heavy instant death to suit armies can be a problem. Hince why I focus more on broadsides than crisis suits, stick a t 5 + 2 save commander with the broadsides and it is amazing. You can throw of some static fire towards the suits and take a few lascannon shots in the face.

I would also concider another bike squad, they are not hard to kill. Also maybe an autarch for quicker or slower reserve deployment. However I see you trying to work the odds to get doom and fortune on your seers with 2.