PDA

View Full Version : Warzones!

Mr Mystery
07-15-2013, 05:23 AM
Afternoon all.

So, although I didn't plump for it myself, I did manage a sneaky peaky at a friend's collector Apocalypse. The snazzy looking one....

And if you're wondering 'whats with the lack of formations in the main book, bumbag?' the simple answer is, they're being saved for the Warzone publications.

Example can of course be found in Armageddon, up the back of the Apocalypse book. Lots of warzone specific formations, but ultimately nothing stopping you from fielding them outside it.

So, the next one? Dark Angels and Chaos for the most part. Only got a very brief squizz, but here goes!

Lots and lots of artwork and proper setting for the warzone. This to me is worth the price of admission alone, though of course, your milage may vary in that respect.

About a dozen (roughly! Remember, only a quick peak was had) new formations. Including a rather saucy Warhound Hunting Pack, which benefit from shrouding, and crossfire rules. Which is nice. Big Landspeeder Squadron one, and Daemon Engine ones as well.

So yeah, kind of in the same vein as Codex Iyanden, but with more rules included! Make of that what you will!

MajorWesJanson
07-15-2013, 08:14 AM
OK, I have to get Pandorax when it comes out. It includes a ton of formations that were missing from the previous edition:

Could you give us all a hint of the formations from the other warzone if that's okay?

The Warzone book. Does it have missions, or just formations?

Pandorax Warzonne (68 pages)

Dark Angels vs. Chaos Space Marines

4 Missions
9 Strategic Assets
Finest Hours for Abaddon, Azreal and Col.Strike

Formations:
Chaos Space Marines

The Chose of Abaddon: 3-5 Lords or Sorcerers, 1 Chosen or Terminators unit for each
Deamon Engine Pack: 3-5 Forgefiends/Maulerfiends
Great Brass Scorpion of Khorne
The Hounds of Huron: 1 Lord, 5+ Biker Squads
Khorne Tower of Skulls
Maelstrom of Gore: Lord or Kharne, 8 Khorne Berserker units
Plaguereaper of Nurgle
Trinity of Blood: 3 Khorne Lord of Skulls
Daemonic Forgehost: 3-5 Soul Grinders

Imperial Guard

Deathstrike Vortex Missile Battery: 3-5 Deathstrike Missile Launchers
'Emperor's Mercy' Commissariat Squad: 1 Lord Commissar, 3+ Commissars
Storm Trooper Mission Elite: 2+ StormTrooper squads, Valkerie for each
Traitor's Bane (Hellhammer)
Xerexes Airborne Support Wing: 3-5 Valkeries with Missile Pods

Imperial

Marauder Bomber
Warhound Hunting Pack: 2 Warhounds

Dark Angels

Talon of Vengeance: 2-4 Dark Talons, 1 Nephilim Jetfighter
Thunderhead Squadron: 3 Darkshrouds, 1+ LS Vengeance, 1+ LS Suppoer Squadron

Grey Knights

Assassinorum Murder Squad: 1 Vindicare, 1 Culexus, 1 Eversor, 1 Calidus

Given the rumored release schedule (not the crazy new one from Faeit) I can see Marines and Tyranids getting the next books, followed by a Warzone Macragge to cover those two books new units.

Capn Stoogey
07-15-2013, 08:42 AM
Very cool, I hope they bring these out fairly quickly.
I need another Warhound, mwah ha ha ha!

Mr Mystery
07-15-2013, 09:29 AM
Oh yeah! Remembered a tidbit about the Storm Troopers one....

They have the option to shoot, then run. Then guess what? Shoot again. PEW PEW PEW PEW! No idea of the caveats or utility of that, just remember it being there!

I would comment on the overall quality of the book, however beyond 'standard full colour affair' it's hard to say, as there is no guarantee it will match the Collector's Edition (probably won't).

Dark Talon thing? They can gang up with their Stasis Bombs to lock stuff out of the game for a few phases. Which is nice!

Haighus
07-15-2013, 04:52 PM
The storm troopers thing is a remake of the old stormtrooper strike force datasheet. It had exactly the same ability, so its not new. Nice to see it return though! :D

Xenith
07-15-2013, 05:20 PM
Dark Angels

Talon of Vengeance: 2-4 Dark Talons, 1 Nephilim Jetfighter

Haha. Oh my. If the datasheet drops the talon to 110pts, maybe.