PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Rim - ten out of ten

LordGrise
07-12-2013, 09:17 PM
Okies, I know this isn't 40K specific, but - general discussion seemed to be the place for this.

Just got finished seeing Pacific Rim. Big-budget big-robot combat movie, plot straight out of Japanese anime. Shakespeare this ain't; having said that, this genre just got validated for live-action. Hope to blazes Legendary is already talking sequel with del Toro.

Everyone who plays 40K should go see this. I'm guessing the mecha are about the size of Knight Titans, maybe a Warhound - I dunno, I've never been in the same room as any of these. Fun as hell to see, and surprisingly good character acting.

Tau players especially should go see this. I want a sword and an appropriate statline for my Riptide worse than ever now...

Bigred
07-12-2013, 10:50 PM
Off to the Oubliette with ye....

I've heard it's amazing as well - I'm off to see it tomorrow.

eldargal
07-12-2013, 11:05 PM
My brothers weren't overly impressed with it.

Edit: Though they didn't want to cut themselves after watching it like they did with Prometheus so call that a plus.

Learn2Eel
07-12-2013, 11:21 PM
I've heard that if you just want good action and don't care about characters or story too much, it is awesome as hell. Otherwise, those looking for a "deep" movie will probably be disappointed, which isn't really surprising given the premise.

DarkLink
07-13-2013, 12:27 AM
I haven't seen it yet, but after this and the DBZ style fight scenes in Man of Steel (punching people through buildings is awesome), I'm looking forward to future action movies.

Mr Mystery
07-13-2013, 03:35 AM
Glad this is getting good write ups from those who matter.

I saw the poster and winced. Struck me as the sort of film which will either be utterly awesome, or a massive steaming pile of the sort of things you'll find squigs in!