PDA

View Full Version : Daemons Chariot ICs

Lord Krungharr
07-12-2013, 07:57 PM
In the new Daemons Codex it appears that the Heralds do not lose the Independent Character rule when they purchase a Chariot. Does this mean a Chariot can join a unit of multiple models such as Troops, Fast Attack, or Elites? The IC rule says that ICs 'cannot join units that always consist of a single model (such as most vehicles and monstrous creatures)'. However, the Chariot IC would be joining a unit always consisting of multiple models.

And if that were kosher, then could multiple Chariots join a unit of multiple models?

I don't think it's clear enough to assume that multiple Chariots can join each other and only each other, however; though perhaps GW may rule someday that Chariots aren't part of that 'most vehicles'.

Thoughts?

Augustusng
07-12-2013, 09:17 PM
I'm pretty sure that the Herald is a passenger embarked on the chariot, which is a transport. He could only join a unit that's also embarked on that chariot... but it can only hold the Herald. So I don't think you can do that. :/ Of course I think the Herald can still get out of the chariot and join some other unit.

Also chariot rules, BRB page 82 for reference. The bold text at the top of the page has the important details.

Magpie
07-13-2013, 12:12 AM
Yep what Augustusng said, the Chariot rider is a passenger and acts like any other IC passenger.