PDA

View Full Version : No idea what models to use for Thunderwolf Calvalry

wolflold
11-14-2009, 08:56 AM
Im currently playing Space Wolves and want to use Thunder wolf Cavalry. But since there are no models i want to convert them myself, but have no idea how to start or what models to use. Anybody got tips?

Dwarflord17404
11-14-2009, 10:15 AM
If your not opposed to using other model line you may want to look at Reaper or one of the other model makers to see if they have an approaiate size beast (35mm scale even). Then for the legs I was thinking chaos Knights and using space wolve torso, arm and head. just make sure it is on a terminator size base

jcroxford
11-14-2009, 11:31 AM
I've been mulling over this for a while myself. I've seen lots of good ideas. The high elf chariot lyons don't look to bad. they seem to be the perfect scale. There are some pretty cool Hordes (privateerpress) wolves. I think that I am going to settle on using Bloodcrusher jugernauts, maybe convert Chaos lord on jugger into a Canis.

Herald of Nurgle
11-14-2009, 12:48 PM
I personally used the following:
- Sabretusks + epic GS fur to make standard wolves.
- The Beast in the Woods (Mordheim) + GS to make it look less Chaosy - though i'm doing Skyrar for my SW
- The Caller's mount for my 'Skyrar' (Canis Wolfborn)

It's recommended you purchase a few Dreadnought bases (from the site, £5.00 or so each) to put these on, as they are all from fantasy.

jcroxford
11-14-2009, 02:52 PM
That modheim thing in the woods looks pretty cool. Do you have any pictures of your finished cavalry?