PDA

View Full Version : Deathwing List

Brian Wesley
07-10-2013, 10:15 PM
OK....need some help. Building a 2250 double FOC. Need some help deciding if I take a lot of just terminators or do I take a mix of Termies, dreads, and landraiders?

Librarian Harker
07-11-2013, 03:51 AM
Hi Brian

A mix of terminators, dreads and landraiders sounds good, particularly if you put the dreads in drop pods.

Can I ask though, are you going to use Belial or Azrael to make the Deathwing troops, and have you considered using some Ravenwing to give your Deathwing assault some Teleport Homers?

Brian Wesley
07-11-2013, 09:04 AM
I was planning on using Belial, I have not had much luck using a doublewing list

Librarian Harker
07-11-2013, 09:25 AM
That makes sense, Doublewing works best with Azrael or a ravenwing dominant list. I think provided you use crusader or redeemer land raiders, and outfit the dreads for short range and assaulting, you'll be fine. Terminator only lists I've found to be vulnerable the turn they come in from deathwing assault, and when you only have 20 or 30 models on the field, any losses can be hard to recover from.

G00dySmiley
07-11-2013, 09:52 AM
yea, mixing leads to a hard to balance list. plus with a deathwing only balial's arrival can be clutch and save points as no needs for landraider for his squad. I have seen some mean terminator lists with 2-3 landraiders with termies, I hink dreads would be a good addition thanks to drop podding in and multimeltaing scary thinks liek battlewagons with deffrollas

SON OF ROMULOUS
07-11-2013, 08:29 PM
death wing with a mix of other units in supporting roles from raiders to dreads to a possible hidden tac squad ;) those make it so that your termies can focus on crushing face up field and leave the rear to the grunts.

GravesDisease
07-15-2013, 06:12 AM
Belial himself comes with a teleport homer (although can't be used on the turn he comes down) and himself and unit does not scatter. If you are taking him then you are paying for convenience of not having to use bikes.

thelion
07-16-2013, 10:46 PM
i have had pritty good luck with my deathwing just marching them across the bord in a knot (not too tight) but i do take an unforgiven unit to hold objictives that they have cleared and for a huge part people spend alot of time trying to kill my term units so it allows the 1 to 3 sqds of unforgiven that i bring along to move and do what they do with a lvl of immunity this is a great way to take objectives but it can give you a hard time in annihilation just cus of the low model count

Learn2Eel
07-17-2013, 02:39 AM
Unforgiven?

thelion
07-17-2013, 06:12 AM
regular darkangels spacemarins

Learn2Eel
07-17-2013, 06:17 AM
regular darkangels spacemarins

Ah gotcha.
Agreed.

thelion
07-17-2013, 10:31 PM
yea i have found that a few sqds of them are almost a necessity in my deathwing list just due to the low model count that a pure deathwing list gives you and after all they are space marines so it is not like they are slouches. another fun trick i found when playing around with my deathwing is to add a scout sqd with sniper rifles and camo cloaks take a cheep fortification and stick them on it the 2+ cover save along with the fire power they bring to the table make them relay fun to play around with plus they are realy cheep so they free up some points to play around with in your deathwing sqds almost a win win there. just a few ideas to play around with though