PDA

View Full Version : Incoming beastmen

fuzzbuket
11-14-2009, 03:39 AM
this just popped up in my mailbox

Incoming! Beastmen
In the dark places of the world, the Beastmen have been gathering in number and in February they will unleash their rage on the Warhammer world with renewed vigour. A feral army of twisted monsters, the Beastmen have inhabitant the dark forests and wild places of the world since such places existed. To lead a Beastmen army is to field vast herds of braying, brutish beasts who worship Chaos in all its forms, and who fight to level the civilised world.

This will be the first time ever that the Beastmen have had their own, completely stand-alone, army list. The forthcoming Warhammer Armies: Beastmen is full of twisted monsters old and new, and an all-new lore of magic. The Beastmen are the original inhabitants of the Old World: in February 2010 they come to reclaim it from the hands of Men.

Make sure you check out December’s White Dwarf for more on the Beastmen.

New less hairy look rather than beast-man its man-beast!

-Fuzzbuket

Scryer in the Darkness
11-14-2009, 04:20 AM
You forgot the more interesting thing - the cover! :D

the one
11-14-2009, 07:23 AM
Damn you! I was about to post this!

Aldramelech
11-14-2009, 11:45 AM
Never liked them. Liked them even less when they brought in the stupid moving around in a big snotty heap of figures, very untidy! lol. I hope they've done away with that aspect........

Brass Scorpion
11-18-2009, 09:37 AM
The following information comes from http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/150/264511.page#1121299
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The very reliable Mr. Hastings posted the following over on The Herdstone site

Hi guys, thought I should stop by here as you are the premier site for Beasts and answer any questions you may have on the upcoming beasts, or at least try and post some subtle hints if I can't answer them directly.
>
>I'll start off by saying that the Gor & Ungor plastic boxes are not bad, I think that came across quite badly on my post on Warseer, they are just too alike the existing kits to be of any real note.
>
>Gors have some new poses, some new weapons (not options - just different weapons - i.e. maces) and shields.
>
>Ungors are a little different to the existing models, they have some different heads (one or two I'm not too keen on - especially what I am assuming is the Ungor unit Champion head) they still come with options for spears, shields, hand weapons but now come with short bows.
>
>As a bit of an exclusive (as well as to show I am really me and not someone using the same user name) for you guys, I'll be happy to tell you that there is a Shaman named special character called "Malagor the Dark Omen" and a Centigor special character called "Ghorros Warhoof", sadly neither model is great.

Ungors (new ones) come with 20mm bases, I'm really hoping that there is still an option to have a mixed herd if not looks like I'll be having to remove my current Ungors from their current bases, which frankly is a pain in the arse but not unheard of.
>
>The new gors come with hand weapons, there is no option for halberds on the sprue so I'm guessing there won't be that option in the book either. Perhaps some conversions would be in order so you could still use the old ones.
>
>There appear to be no "vanilla" characters in the first wave of releases, which is a bit dissapointing as I would have really liked a couple of new shaman minis. The centigor character Ghorros is quite plain, he is slightly rearing has a horn on his right side and is armed with a club with a couple of spikes through it, he also has hooves which I thought was unusual as the other centigor have clawed feet, however as his name contains "hoof" I guess it would have been odd if he had claws. A nice touch on the character is the head, he appears to be wearing the skull of a unicorn pushed down over his horns, and for me it's the only real high point of the model. I would recommend buying the Mordheim centigor and doing a headswap as a basis for a centigor character (if indeed the book has that as a hero choice).
>
>I'm really looking forward to the book most of all, as we've all read the rumours about the loss of Chaos Trolls, Chaos Ogres, Dragon Ogres & Shaggoths, so they'll need to add some new units other than the Razorgor to flesh the list out.

and a snippet thanks to Mr. Lorizael from 40k online

That is one of the "new" Gors, as you can see pretty much (is ?) identical to the curent ones.
http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/at/2009/11/18/1dc12260896cad3d69c51e812f1499cb_5394.jpg__thumb

Randroid
11-18-2009, 12:52 PM
No sure how I feel about Skink style Ungors running around with Short Bows. It just doesn't seem very "Bestial" to me. Spears or Javelins I could see but not Bows (as a funny side note there is a part of the new Gotrek and Felix book that touches on the fact that Beastmen can't shoot bows).

Vogon
11-19-2009, 06:50 AM
Well I'm looking forward to this one.

I'm not all that enthused by the descriptions of some of the models up coming I'm hearing but on the whole I don't really need any new stuff for my army. I hope that a Doombull still lets minotaurs count as core otherwise that *will* be me screwed.

I'm hopeful that the new choices (Razorgor, gorgon, gargoyles etc.) will be worth investing in but I'll wait and see the models before I decide to buy, proxy or convert.

Have Fun

Vogon