PDA

View Full Version : Advice and tactics for csm mok and mon lists

SON OF ROMULOUS
07-10-2013, 02:53 PM
okay so working on my khorne csm list as i've stated in several other threads. so i thought i would make my own semi tactica to discuss the 2 army types that im using for csm. any thoughts would be helpful along with advice and tactics that i may be missing or misusing. we will start with my mok list 1850 as stands
hq kharn
troops 2xcsm mok icon of vengance rhion 2x plasma
berserkers 8 champ 2xlc and 7 chain axes
hell blade
hell drake
2x defilers
land raider

very elite but when things work out it can hit rather hard. what i am debating on is what to do in regards to my own back field and if 2 defilers are necessary or if i can go down and just take 1 and use those points as well as the points from the hell blade to make the list a bit more durable. i would be considering adding in the adl with quad gun a group of ac havocs and possibly a cheap unit of cultists to babysit my own objective. i already have seen what my csm and berserkers can do once they hit so im not worried about controling my opponents objectives. i can also use the land raider to deal with aa in dire circumstances. everything being twin linked means they tend to hit more often.

then there is the hell drake which once it arrives it takes a beating and still dishes out the pain. the other option would be to focus on taking another lord on a bike mok and run him with a unit of bikes and cause havoc :) i have most units in the codex so im not afraid to change things around as needed but i do like to say mech while others call it dead in 6th i belive you just need to use them better and differently. parking lots are not the way to go using them to get my marines into position is how i use them then anythign they do after that is icing on the cake :)

DWest
07-10-2013, 03:28 PM
One thing I would recommend is getting some Dirge Casters on a few vehicles, especially the Land Raider, as it looks to be Kharn's ride. Being able to shut off Overwatch helps a lot. I'd drop one of the 'zerkers and put Casters on the LR and both Rhinos, as there's a fair chance the LR isn't making it across the board.

SON OF ROMULOUS
07-10-2013, 04:43 PM
that they do :) its just a question of do i need 2 defilers? i believe i do in that they take osm eof the heat off of my other units. you can either kill the rhinos and LR or you can try and stop the defilers from dropping pie plates on you :) And yes i know some one is going to say they can miss. but first no i dont have waited die but in all honesty pie plates love me i can honestly say i will roll 8/9 times in a row and not scatter or scatter so low that it is still on target :) so pie plates apparently love me :)