PDA

View Full Version : Death Korps of Krieg Seige list updated for 6th

Wolfshade
07-10-2013, 06:02 AM
Forgeworld have just added the new rules for Death Korps of Krieg Siege army list

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/d/dkksiegelist.pdf

Enjoy.

Wildcard
07-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Grenadiers 60 points for 5, armed with hot-shot lasguns.. Thats 120points for a full man squad full of ap3 lasguns :) I hope this implies with the forthcoming Imperial Guard 6th ed codex..

- Also funny thing is that Heavy Stubbers are one man-guns (Grenadier upgrade)

- Heavy Support HW Platoons are dirty cheap

Nabterayl
07-10-2013, 02:50 PM
That is SO MANY death riders ...

Vaktathi
07-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Most of this is a copy-paste of the IA12 stuff applied to the old list. This update is very close to the Assault Brigade list (where those Grenadiers are troops and the engineers are elites) but doesn't have the Assault Brigades warlord table or unique orders, though it does get the W4 artillery guns where the AB does not.

I do wish though that they'd have backtracked a bit on the Hades drill...those things are beyond awful now.

SON OF ROMULOUS
07-10-2013, 04:55 PM
my buddy will be very excited though im pretty sure he may or may not finally smash those hades or melt them.... sadly not sure why they continue to make those lovely models into crap.... i think we will just allow them to work like a drop pod that can cause damage the turn it arrives.. other wise they are fancy piecies or scrap.

Nabterayl
07-10-2013, 05:19 PM
I forget what exactly the old Hades was like. In what way is this particularly worse?

Vaktathi
07-10-2013, 05:30 PM
The hades previously probably warranted a bit of a toning down. Before when it came in, it automatically came in on turn 2, placed a S10 AP1 Melta large blast at the origin point after scatter, then moved anything that was left at least 1" away, and the follow up engineer squad automatically arrived the next turn and could move/shoot/assault as it moved on from where the Hades entered. This wasn't a huge deal when it was DKoK specific as the Engineer unit was rather awful, it was bad when you could take it as a dedicated transport for meltavets.

This got change to being an S8 AP1 small blast, nothing gets moved, it comes in per normal reserves, and if something is still there then the drill mishaps with a -2 on the roll (so 50% death chance), and it takes the follow up squad with it now. The nerf to the blast was understandable, as was the change to arriving as normal from reserves and not allowing the engineers/vets to assualt, but no longer moving anything and mishaping with the -2 means it's basically suicide as even an AV10 vehicle will cause a mishap greater than 50% of the time.

SON OF ROMULOUS
07-10-2013, 05:33 PM
The way it is now your not really getting anything out of it.. even the original i didnt think was game breaking.. you basically got a str10 melta shot then moved some stuff then got to shoot and assault with guardsmen with shot guns.... it wasnt a game breaking unit.. then they beat it to death with a wiffle ball bat....

Nabterayl
07-10-2013, 05:39 PM
Well, it still moves infantry. It's just coming up under vehicles that is a bad idea. And you can still use it as a single transport for an unlimited number of squads, which is something nobody else can do except for dark eldar, to my knowledge.

Vaktathi
07-10-2013, 06:14 PM
It can't act as a transport for an unlimited number of squads unfortunately, only the one it was purchased for. The fact that coming up under vehicles, and more importantly, bastions/buildings, largely defeats its original purpose (to break fortifications) :p

The Engineer unit still isn't really worth much also, it's a WS4 BS4 4+sv IG squad that can take 1 special weapon and comes with an S4 AP4 poison grenade attack and other than that has a bunch of S3 shotguns and can take a single S5 Ap5 small blast 24" barrage weapon, it doesn't really have anything it's particularly useful for XD

Nabterayl
07-10-2013, 06:19 PM
It can't act as a transport for an unlimited number of squads unfortunately, only the one it was purchased for.
Sure it can. Not any type of squad, but your entire non-Elite engineer complement can be tied to a single Hades:

"However, Engineer units selected as Troops choices may be held in reserve in order to use a Hades Breaching Drill’s Follow Up Attack special rule."

I don't know that that makes it worth it; I don't play Death Korps. But you can do it if you want to.

Vaktathi
07-10-2013, 06:51 PM
Oh, didn't see that, that's new, and not under the Engineer's rules or the follow-up attack's rules, nor in the Assault Brigade rules. Interesting, though I can't think of many practical applications :p